only me, the earth is empty

:( sory it is so rubbishbut it is from off the top of my head
every 1 hates me
even myself

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed May 11, 2005 5:34 pm
Chevy says...

Well, I guess it's cool to be "off the top" of your head. However, in the first line...did you mean "dispair?" I liked the first stanza. It sounds a lot like it would be a song.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed May 11, 2005 9:29 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Hey rachel. Thanks for your review of my poem, "Only Human". Thought I'd check out some of your work :D

For something off the top of your head, this isnt so bad. I mean, sure, it needs a lot of work, but it has potential.

i walk alone in the thoughts of dispear
i feel nothing, no pain, no fear
i am empty inside

I particularly like this verse. The last line sums it up perfectly. You might want to revise 'dispear' to read 'despair' though. Heh.

the lands that surround me
there is nothing but me
this land is empty

people near me
no people
only me, the earth is empty

The rest is kind of confusing. You repeat 'empty' too much, I think. Also, instead of repeating the technique of your first verse, try to branch out and describe yourself, the empty feeling, etc. You could use images like droplets of water rolling down the inside of a glass and pooling at the bottom to reflect the way your thoughts settle or something. We want to know the way it feels- thats what poetry is really about. Look inward- so far, this poem is too focused on the outside. There is no emotion so it seems cliche. Hope I've been helpful :)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Wed May 11, 2005 9:35 pm
Lollipop says...

Heehee! This poem has good imigary! But if I were you, I would capitilize your "i"s. Makes it sound more poemish! Great work though! :D

~Lollipop~

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed May 11, 2005 11:01 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

great job, this story describes how i fell sometimes, all alone in the empty careless world, anyway awsome poem.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero