Effervesce

7 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 10087
Reviews 701
I was experimenting with structure here, and the result was something very...odd. Unfortunately the forum wont let me post it like it's intended to be written - it reads better when you can see the proper structure. Oh well. I still like it; particularly the title, LOL. I am now addicted to the word; I use it in every other sentence. Dont you think its lovely? Effervesce...It just SOUNDS like bubbles.

Effervesce

God breathed
And I squished,
struggled,
and squirmed
My way into Being.
I was perfect
I was without beginning
and without end
Borne on a lift of breeze
Drifting for untold ages
Inside me, I contained the world
And was myself contained
I was invisible
I was all that is
And then
God breathed
And I was shattered
As if I
had never been.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 84
very nice, but I think if you wanted, you could combine some of the lines.Here's kinda an example.Before it was kinda too spread out, and you have too many ands, I think, but it sounds great, you really have something there!

God breathed
And I squished,struggled,and squirmed
My way into Being.
I was perfect,
I was without beginning and without end
Borne on a lift of breeze
Drifting for untold ages
Inside me, I contained the world
And was myself contained
I was invisible
I was all that is
And then God breathed
I was shattered.
As if I had never been.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 13147
Reviews 431
I really liked this; the poem is just... cool. It's cool to read, it's cool to say aloud, and it's cool to read over and over.

I have no criticism. I think it's superb.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 890
Reviews 145
I agree with Nate, and, personally, I like the original form the best, it breaks it up nicely.
Great poem!

~Skye Demon
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 6831
Reviews 594
Very cool. Kinda gives a feeling of how insignificant we really are, and how easy it is for God to create and destroy us..

"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!"

:P




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 7040
Reviews 78
Wow! A really cool poem! I loved this poem! I didn't mind about the format, as I like poetry, and don't really mind about how it looks :D

One little thing: the punctuation kind of stopped! I was thinking how awesome it was that you remembered to punctuate (it's my pet peeve when people don't) and then it stopped. :(

Other than that, excellent job :D

Keep writing!

Pgsgirl x
Want a free, constructive review? Click here!

Got YWS?

Previously known as Pgsgirl7




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 35199
Reviews 878
Please don't bump old threads.

*locked*
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?



Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly