z

Young Writers Society

rat boy

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:58 pm
Dynasty cow says...

all the kids bully me cause of my snout and furry nose , at play time i roam around sniffing people hoping that this action will score me a friend but it dosent . Sometimes when i am alone with my pet brick , i cry . Its not my fault my mums a rat and my dads a human ,im just the unlucky offspring .
Tommorow im gona have a go at winning Jane over , im gona nibbel the back of her neck like rats do to rats before they mate , it has to work this time , its got too .

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:45 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

*twitch* how is that possible for a rat boy... oh yea this is fantasy Fiction, poor little rat kid, i think he is going to get a nice slap to the face when he tries to nibble at the back of her neck
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:06 pm
Firestarter says...

You have some grammar, punctuation and spelling issues ...

all the kids bully me cause of my snout and furry nose , at play time i roam around sniffing people hoping that this action will score me a friend but it dosent . Sometimes when i am alone with my pet brick , i cry . Its not my fault my mums a rat and my dads a human ,im just the unlucky offspring .
Tommorow im gona have a go at winning Jane over , im gona nibbel the back of her neck like rats do to rats before they mate , it has to work this time , its got too .

All the kids bully me because of my snout and furry nose. At play-time I roam around sniffing people, hoping that this action will gain me a friend but it doesn't. Sometimes when I am alone with my pet brick, I cry. It's not my fault my mum's a rat and my dad's a human, I'm just the unlucky offspring.

Tommorow I'm going to have a go at winning Jane over, I'm going to nibble the back of her neck like rats do to other rats before they mate. It has to work this time. It's got to.

I edited this for you. Changed a couple of words because I didn't think "score" really works, unless you want to be really slangy. As a piece of comedy, I thought it was pretty funny. The last line was actually really good. I changed the last two clauses to fragments on their own because I think it makes it more powerful. Of course, this is all suggestions.

I'd extend this if I were you, play around with the humour of being a rat/human - you could have some sort of cheese incident, or being chased by a cat?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:01 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Very bad descriptions. No reference to where the protagonist is, what he is doing, basic things that are necessary to give readers a picture of what is happening. The few descriptions are unorganized. Slow down next time.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola