z

Young Writers Society

Vampires

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:08 am
Alice says...

Close your eyes,” Morris said. She wouldn’t take her eyes off him. “I think you shall be pleasantly surprised, I swear I shall not hurt you.” he moved over and put his arm around her waist, reluctantly she closed her eyes. “Don’t be afraid, I can’t hurt you.”
“Can’t? Well what’s the difference?”
“All in good time my Averill.” She felt like he was picking her up, but there was no strain on her arms. “Open your eyes,” he whispered into her ear. She opened them and looked down. They were floating over the town.
Averill gasped and clung to Morris. “How are you doing this?”
“Well I just pulled you up, and I was hoping that you would be able to hold yourself up. But if you’re freaked it doesn’t work. We best go down before we fall.”
Slowly they lowered themselves top of the building. Even though they were safely on the top Averill still refused to let go. Morris didn’t fight her hard enough to make her let go.
I just lost the game.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:05 pm
Emerson says...

This is a very small snippet of something much longer, I hope...

You are missing the beginning punctuation mark for 'close your eyes'. The title is 'vampires' but other than flying I see no vampirism.

It's extremely short and very...empty. Who are your characters? What is the plot? Whats going on?

If you were even taking this as flash fiction (Something between say... 100 to 500 words.) It wouldn't work, even flash fiction needs a plot, a reason for this to be read.

It just looks like you took a clip out of something larger, I'm really tempted to ask, what is this?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

you should no this
— Hijinks