yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes : 8

Reviews: 1
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:47 pm
Dunkey says...

I am currently in the process of writing a story where a world was once a rich jungle world now a like a grass land/desert type planet and the only precipitation is a mist that come in the early morning and need to be "captured" to use for daily life does this sound like a good story

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:29 pm
*Twilight* says...

Hmm that is a very inventive idea you might be able to pull it off if you add enough twists and have some sort of danger of collecting the mist. One of the main things of a story though, is the character. You need to make people care about your character in order for them to want to read your story. So, If you do this right it will be pretty interesting. But, from now on if you want help or opinions on story ideas you need to post them in the writing tips section.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:01 am
Supermal says...

Ya, I think if you had a truly good character then it would be a wonderful story :) It sounds terribly interesting.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:05 am
Snoink says...

It sounds like an interesting setting. I would hardly call it a story.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:37 am
Zelithan says...

i LIKE THE SETTING AND I THINK YA C00D MAKE A G00D ST0RY 0T 0PH IT.

S0RRY 4 SIZE AND LACK 0' SENCE MY KEYBA0RD IS MESSED P

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown