z

Young Writers Society

Beyond the Doorway of Doom Chapter 2

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:12 pm
Krupp says...

Chapter 2 of my fantasy novel takes us to the other side of the world, into a city that's rife with fear and despair. A detective is chasing after a secretive killer that delves deeply into the supernatural, and Satanism....

What the detective Trent Miller discovers is more than just a man that kills out of insanity; he finds a darkness that is far greater than any man can face:

like last time, I will give 50 points to anyone who critiques along with the additional points they get for writing a critique. So you have that to look forward to as well as a great chapter to read should you decided to undertake reading the chapter.

I apologize if this seems long. I was just on a roll when I wrote it all.
Attachments
BDD 2.doc
(48 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 3
Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:33 pm
germangrlzrule says...

It seemed good to me. Some of your sentence wording is alittle off, and can at time be a little confusing. I get a good sence of character, and your visualzation is on point. As far as I can tell I don't see much wrong with it. But maybe a more advanced critque could pick out some things. Sorry I couldn't help you more

----------------
CHECK OUT MY BLOG
CHECK OUT MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!
& friend request me

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 am
Jay says...

Well, I don't usually like things that involve "cold, dark, and reeking of bodily fluids, split and rotting flesh". The phrase 'his knuckles started to turn black and blue, and enlarge' is a bit awkward-maybe 'swell up' would be better than 'enlarge'? I like the blend of fantasy and reality. It sounds like it's becoming quite a dark story, so it would benefit from some humour here and there to balance the grim mood out.

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl