z

Young Writers Society

my idea for a fantasy novel, your opinions?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 pm
Autumn says...

Ok this is just a basic idea I thought up about half hour ago and is very undeveloped, but what do you think on first impressions?

Eva is an angel who's spirit is tainted by a demon meaning that she has to leave heaven and live in the human realm. Meanwhile, demons from hell manage to create a rift between the human realm and hell, and so begins a great war between humans and demons. Eva joins the humans in fighting against the demons to try and earn a place in heaven again, but as she struggles to fight for good, the demons spirit which lives inside her is slowly corrupting her.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 pm
Aedomir says...

Hmm...

Good idea, but perhaps a little cliche. There are a LOT of novels with wars between the devil and humans.

Put your own twist, and I'm sure you can do it, good idea.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:41 pm
Autumn says...

cheers for the feedback, I too was kinda worried about the cliche element.

one possible idea I was thinking was that - the demons are weak in the human realm, unless they 'entwine' their soul with a human, so it'll be like these 'demonic' humans against the 'normal' humans who as well as trying to fight against them are trying to stop their souls from being corrupted by demons. There could be friction between the humans since these 'demonic' humans can resume a normal human form so like they might suspect that the people working with them to defend against the demons could actually be demons themselves.

hope that makes sense lol.
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:48 pm
Aedomir says...

Good Idea.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:07 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Hmms. I won't lie, it feels cliche. The war between heaven, hell and humans is very overdone. Even your idea about the demons being weak in the human world doesn't feel very different.

However, that said, just because an idea is overdone doesn't mean it can't be made into something new. If I were you, I'd avoid the war being the central conflict.

=P Sorry I can't be of more help, I've just seen the whole demon/angel/human conflict done too many times in online comics (o.O soo many, many times) and books. To be fair, I keep reading the online comics, but mostly for the characters. If you're character is likeable, this could work. ^_^

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:31 am
Passion's Killing Floor says...

It needs a little bit more originality. Think "What can I do to make this one stand out from all the other Angel/Demon novels/stories?"
Give those readers something new to read, instead of the same old same old.

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi