5%
Other
52%

Total votes : 21

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:13 pm
Nile F says...

Ok so I'm starting to write a book soon. Tommorow infact, is the time i'm starting. Anyway,in this book, there is a village. The village's name is going to be the name of the book. Problem is. I don't know what to call it!

It is a dark, gruesome place. Filled with dead rats and an awful stench. Not many people have cars, the houses are in poor condition and there is a load of blood in places.

Not a very good descripton but hey.

NOTE: If you pick 'other' then please specify the name below, as I came up with some name myself

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Aedomir says...

Ah, you said about this in your welome message. I said I'd help, so here I am!
I voted for other, because they all seem a bit childish and cliche. -ville sounds too overdone. I'll sleep on it and return with further thought!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:20 pm
cat4prowl says...

Well, first of all, what time period is it? And where is the town located? Also, Huntsville, Lustville, and Wolf fang village don't really work. I think the name should either be an exotic sounding one or a regular one. Something simple but threatening would work here. M,R,S, V, X... these are all harsh sounding letters you could use. Something easy to say, that kinda rolls off your tongue and still strikes fear into the heart. Maybe I'm being a little bit obsessive, but that's my suggestion.

Good luck!!

Random avatar

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 pm
Nile F says...

It's present time and the village is located on the outskirts of Eng;and (Im not english, im scottish)

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Nile,

As for the given titles, Huntsville appeals the most to me. But, you can always have a working title until you come across the one that seems to fit perfectly.

Most of the time, I start working on my story/novel and somehow during the process of writing or the process of researching some name jumps out a me.

Hope this helps.

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:58 am
BigBadBear says...

I like Huntsville a lot better because it just gives off a mysterious loom...

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:44 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

None of them, because they're not the sort of names you get England. I know of very few 'ville's anywhere, and certainly nothing like Wolf Fang Village. None of them work in the area you've decided to use, ie. England. They're more like the names you'd find in an American horror film.

Also, what do you mean by the outskirts of England? On the coast, or on one of the border? In any case, I suggest you research names of English villages (paying particular attention to villages in your chosen area), and see if you can get some inspiration from there.

Hope this helped,

-Kyle
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I voted for Huntsville for the time being, because I have no good 'other' suggestions for you. I haven't read the story, so I really can't base any suggestions on that. Perhaps as you post, readers will get a feel for the story and you may get more suggestions as you go. And Cpt. Smurf's tip was a good one (about researching the town names). I would highly recommend that course of action. Then you can put your own educated twist on it.

Good luck with your writing!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

370 Reviews

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm
Aedomir says...

Actually, I think Huntsville sounds pretty cool. Its a bit sinister, creepy, strange and all that. It appeals to me, but likes others have said you can always jsut have a working title. You never know, you may get a really cool name out of the blue hat you could use. Bah, whatever!

:-D Its up to you, whichever one you like and think would work best.

2. Human.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:48 pm
Cheeky Coconut Smoothy Lo says...

Greenville.

Watersbury.

Waterford.

Madison.

Just some ideas of my own.

Lustville is just a bad name for a town. It sounds like Brothel City. Don't do it.
Huntsville... meh, matches same above, but I don't think a story should match the name of the town, say action story in Huntsville.

Wolf fang village... I'd avoid any 'item' + village work. Its about as lame as Naruto's <thing> Land / Village stuff. Make it based on a name or natural feature of one who founded it.

Much in the way Jamestown came into being and Waterford did. It helps match the timeline and location in which the story takes place. After all, would you want Wolf Fang and London to be in the same nation?

Random avatar

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:51 pm
Nile F says...

Hey thanks for the feedback. Due to some small chages to the plot, i'm thinking of re-locating the country it is based in to somwhere else. It has been suggested that I change to Austraila or America, what do you almighty people think?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:32 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, we can't really say much without knowing some more details. It's like being asked 'Where shall I buy a house, Australia or America' when we don't have a clue what you want from where you live. What changes have you made to the plot that are so significant that you need to change the location?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

370 Reviews

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 pm
Aedomir says...

I would say whatever country you are most familar with. If you're British, try there etc.

2. Human.

Random avatar

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 pm
Nile F says...

The plot chages are a few plot-links to other things that have happened. i have decided to set it in america
Ill fight you 'till hell frezzes over, then ill fight you on the ice.

370 Reviews

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:36 pm
Aedomir says...

Good for you!

:-D

2. Human.

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy