z

Young Writers Society

im in desperate need of a favor from my fellow writers

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:31 am
xhalcyonx128 says...

so im applying to the University of Iowa's summer writting program, and they require a 10 page submission. it can be poetry or fiction (any genre), or a combination of poetry and fiction. ive choosen two poems, a short story, and an exerpt from a novella-in-progress.

the two poems are: Conformity (i picked it because it's short and to the point, and it's already been accepted for a literary journal's febuary edition)
and Existing Within the Ocean (i just kindof like that one)
BUT i do not consiter myself a poet, which is where you guys come in. if anyone who is well versed in good poetry could check over those and see if they are worthy of being submitted, that would help me immensely!

the exerpt from the novella is: parts of Chapters One, Two, Seven, and Eight. I'm better with writing fiction, but if someone could go over seven and eight i'd be very appreciative (one and two have been critiqued alot already, but i'd appreciate comments on those as well).

the remaining two pages will either be: the short story The Serrated Sidewalk, or a two page exerpt from my Ghostas of a Past Fixation. parts one and two have been comments on, but three and four are very lonely and commentless :-(

any help you guys could give would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated! one can only go so far with self-critiquing.
Be obscure clearly - E. B. White

Got YWS?

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal