z

Young Writers Society

Running With Skissors [and Some Paper]

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:33 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

[January 28, 2008]
Okay, so I switched my FPS Scenario from "A Lesson in Semantics" to "A Broken Angel's Pose". Mhm. Pretty, but I didn't have enough time to post it.

"The Tenth Muse" has officially been renamed as "The Guts To Say Forever" series. The first book is called "The Kids Want CALAMITY!", and I'm on Chapter 8. I've just started typing up Chapter 4, and it's already about 18 pages, so I think that's pretty good. I'm trying to average at least 3 pages each chapter.

I'm going to post up to Chapter 4 over in the big novel section soon. Once I finish typing it.

[December 31, 2007]
IT'S FINISHED!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

NOW GO REVIEW!
topic23977.html
:]

[December 30, 2007]
Soooclose.Soclosesoclose. To finishing "A Lesson in Semantics".

Oh, God. I think I'm gonna have an aneurysm. However you spell it.

[December 29, 2007]
I guess I'd like to squeeze some words out before this year ends. You know, the typical eloquent "What-I'd-Like-To-Achieve-Next-Year", New Year's resolution-type thing. Yeah, something pretty.

Eh. Not really. I'm just procrastinating again.

Okay, so here are my latest projects:

The Tenth Muse [eh...tentative title. BLAH.]
Genre: Mainstream romance/fantasy.
Summary: An orphan meets the 9 Muses and -surprise!- falls in love with the one that's supposed to die.

A Lesson in Semantics
Genre: Sci-fi.
Summary: A psychic girl, in an attempt to be 'normal', ends up meeting and untangling a boy's emotions in an afternoon together.
Note: I gotta heart this story, because for one it's going into a contest. And this year I'm hoping to shoot up first in state and a nice placing in internationals [yes, internationals. -gasp-]. So..I'd really appreciate it if ya'll took some time to help critique the story. Brutally, because chances are I'll need it.

Yeah, I'd better forget the New Year's eloquence and get working on my sci-fi story. XD
Last edited by PerforatedxHearts on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:00 am
Cade says...

Ooh...both the Tenth Muse and A Lesson in Semantics sound really cool...good luck with the contest!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

125 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:26 am

Thanks, Cade. :]
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

125 Reviews

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:47 am

Haha.

[update, february 23, 2008]

see the siggie?

yeah. please review my story. :]

i posted chapter 1-4, i think. and i'm working on typing as much as i can after march 2, when i have the time and am not crunching concerning science fair/science bowl. so yeah.

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie