z

Young Writers Society

Plot????

Reviews: 1
Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 am
PurpleInk says...

I just finished writing a book called Adams' Peace.
But now I'm starting to think of another book to write, and I have the title and all but no plot, any ideas??

The book is called: Burning Ink Blue

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:48 am
Skitzafreak says...

Just a thought, but doesn't it make more sense to build a title off of a plot? not the other way around?

Reviews: 1
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:25 pm
PurpleInk says...

Yes it does, but then again the title just came to me, and it's more than just about a girl who loves playing with fire.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:39 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm. I'm not sure. To be honest, the title doesn't really inspire me and it's a bit strange. Afterall, ink usually is blue...

I think it's better to start with a plot rather than a title but perhaps this could be about some manuscripts that get destroyed in a fire or something? I'm really not sure. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:49 am
jonny911 says...

Why don't you put this in the Title Association (or something like that) topic? Someone might help you get ideas for the plot.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:53 am
Leja says...

It'd say to file this title idea away for a while, and work on something else. Maybe somewhere down the road, you'll have a story in need of a title and this one will be just right! At any rate, just because you have a title doesn't mean you have to have a story right away, just as you don't have to have a title right away just because you have a plot. Let everything fall into place if it will; if you have a story to match this to, great! If you don't, wait a while, and moe might come to you ^_^

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler