z

Young Writers Society

Fantastically linguistic artistry....

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:41 pm
Fan says...

Nice title. But really it should be 'Hobo writer desecrates the art'. Anyhows...

Just started this thing up to get my writing organised (right now it's a mess), show what I'm working on, what I migth work on, and try to get help for pieces that really annoy me. So, without furthur ado....

Current projects

Journey's Dawn

Could be called my lovechild in terms of writing. That one story you love to bits and grit at every criticism for. I had a rough 60,000 word draft for it but then due to technical issues, it got chewed up and destroyed. So I'm on V 1.5 now which fye and esme have been a great help with.

In basic without giving anything away, the story revolves around a journey that my MCs make in both the physical and metaphorical term. During the journey they go through trials and tribulations with many dark facts being revealed and coming to a climax at the end of their journey when the facts unfold. Here's a quick blurb:

Ferell is a land divided by war, prejudice, and mistrust (are prej. and mist. the same thing? ~Fan~). The eternal war has raged for centuries and the Oldyn and Modyrn ways come into conflict every day.
In this dark land, Seth Harrington and Elayna Harbour must make a journey that reveals more about themselves than they would wish and dark truths come to be told...
(How was it. I think the first bit was better. ~Fan~)

I've already got the first chapter (in two parts) posted in and I'll say thanks to Fye and Esme for their help. My writing is pretty *censored* at the moment so what I want to do is keep inproving and improving. I want this to be a powerful piece and the only way to do that is to be an amazing writer. So, let's look to the future, eh?
Last edited by Fan on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:43 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

cool. :D I feel your pain about the destroyed "baby". same happened to me.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 am
Polkadots says...

I once had a "baby" and I nearly lost it, too, during my move to a new computer because my computer rejected the file a couple of times, but my dad's friend eventually figured out how to recover it. I'm sorry you lost your's, but now I wish I lost mine because (it's been nearly a year) I've realised it's complete garbage. xD So I moved on to a few other projects that have been twitting around in my head.

161 Reviews

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:13 am
Fan says...

Thank you for your sympathy! It is possibly one of the most annoying things in the world to have hard work ruined by defunct machines.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:33 am
chocoholic says...

I haven't lost my aby yet because I haven't written one. I mean, the stuff I come up with is good, but I haven't actually created a masterpiece yet. But when I do... *shifty eyes*.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

161 Reviews

Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:16 am
Fan says...

UPDATE: Sunday 28th October

Well, I decided to scrap project no. 3 and project number two is on indefinite hold while I sort out Journey's. I've done a large re-boot on it and changed Seth's first person. perspective to third person. I didn;t have the right style to pull it off. I've got a draft of chapter 2 written and am working int he re-write of it.

Sadly, I had to axe two characters off from my list because they woudl haev bogged the story down. So Elayna will have to say goodbye to Cal, her best friend, and Alex to Elva, a possible love interest. Maybe they'll be beck in a more minor role, but for now, they have to go.

Elayna as a character is surprising me. After putting her and up-coming Rylie in the character dialogue activity, the chemistry between them has been quite surprising. Before she was always Seth's but maybe... a love triangle? We'll see. Rylie's not exactly the dating type.

DISCAIMER: No I am not mad, talking about my characters as if they were real.

161 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 am
Fan says...

Monday 17th December '07.

I'm brimming to the ears with joy because I'm back with you lovely people again! Even the having the revise for tests part can't mar this.

I have also gone on and typed, plus cleaned up 45000 words (158 pages) for my book since my last post. I can see the end almost in sight.

I'm not a planning type of writer, I put anything that comes to my head and it shows (for me). The story is unfolding in it's own way and pace. I predicted that I'll be finished with around 60,000 words.

There are a few dodgy chapters around, so I'll need to re-write the entire thing seveal times -_-.

P.S. I've come unstuck on the travelling chapters. Anyone have any tips on how to not make it monotonous and repetitive. I never realised how hard making travelling interesting was.

Don't be sad bc sad backwards is das and das not good
— LadyMysterio