z

Young Writers Society

POD- It's finished. (8-29-07)

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed May 16, 2007 11:47 pm
View Likes
JC says...

So, for those of you who know the current book I'm working on is called Philosophy of the Dark. I'd give a summery, but it would include spoilers for those of you reading it now.

Anyways, I'm on about page 66, and things were going smoothly, until I got to court. Not me of course, but Jamie. I realized, I had no idea what court was like...at all. So I've been doing research and stuff, and have to go back and completely re-write the last few chapters.

So...wish me luck. If anybody knows anything about court, please, I could use all the info I can get my hands on. Seeing as there will be two cases in the story.

-JC
Last edited by JC on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu May 17, 2007 10:13 pm
View Likes
Tyd says...

Google --> Court, Law system --> Pages of information.

I don't like research either. I don't really need alot of research for are own world, but i have to continually check through my chapters and make sure what i've wrote is right and that it all makes sense :P

Good luck!
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

514 Reviews

Fri May 18, 2007 4:27 am
View Likes
JC says...

Thanks! Fortunantly, I'm more or less done with research at the moment. I have detailed page by page accounts of what I want to happen, in what order, and websites where I got the info, just in case I forget if something works. So its all cool. If I ever need anything more I'll look up your thing. Thanks!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

514 Reviews

Sat May 19, 2007 1:57 pm
View Likes
JC says...

Okay, so I'm currently having writers block.

For those of you reading the story, sorry, I might have something posted later today, but probably not.

I have a parade today, and then an alumni thing (not for me), and all that jazz (technically, marching band...not Jazz...). Anyways, yeah, so those are my excuses.

I'm still working on court scenes, but I think I've watched too much courtTV and I'm slowly losing my ablility to think in non-lawyer terms.

Well, gotta go!

I hope to post something for you all soon!

-JC

514 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 12:20 am
View Likes
JC says...

hmm...POD 32 is posted. I'm beginning to confuse myself with chapter numbers, hehe. =D

Well, what are you doing here? go read!

hehe, jk, go if you want.

-JC

514 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 9:09 pm
View Likes
JC says...

BIG NEWS FOR POD!!!
(Not in the exciting way...)

I will be unable to work on POD for a while. Which makes me very sad of course. I guess I should tell you why...

Well, I just got a new computer (laptop), and am in the process of moving all my files, my priority being POD. Unfortunantly, the new computer doesn't have open office (the writing processor I use) and Open Office doesn't translate to Word. So, I have to either find a way to reformat, or re-type. I've tried copy and pasting from here, but it screws up the formatting. So right now I'm working all that out. During this transiton time, I'll just be working on a bunch of short stories. So...yeah. If anybody is good with formating, or knows what I should do, please tell me ASAP. I want to get back to writing it before I lose all my momentum...

So, sorry for the coming delay and everything like that.

-JC

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed May 23, 2007 10:55 pm
View Likes
Royboy says...

Yeah, I had the same problem and I still do. My computer doesn't have word processor because it's so freaking expensive and my mom is too unwilling to buy it for me. *sniff* so I've been using rich text and wordpad only cause I don't have anything better. There isn't even spell check on it! *gag* pretty much, you jsut ahve to go copy and past it into documents that are compatible with your laptop. I know it's redundant, but it's necessary.

As for your research--Horray for being over and done with! I hope you get back to pod soon!
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

514 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 11:16 pm
View Likes
JC says...

I've tried copy and pasting, but it's hard to format. You can't see it in the post's here, but everything in italics is aligned right, and all Jamie's writing is in a different font and left aligned. Clarifacationalism, I guess. Anyways...yeah...I'm working on that now....as in...was working on it a few minutes ago, and gotta get back to it...hehe. =D

-JC

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed May 23, 2007 11:35 pm
View Likes
Royboy says...

Ooooh you have it all nice and worked out lol. I'd find that way too time consuming. Just another reason for me to be slacking and getting off task lol. I guess that would make it difficult. well, you could always jsut install whatever it is onto your laptop, if that's possible. Wwow, that must be a fruit, trying to do all that! *sends sympathy*
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

514 Reviews

Thu May 24, 2007 2:18 pm
View Likes
JC says...

IT WORKED!!!

Of course I had to mess with the file, and reformat it like I feared, but it worked!!! So I'm happy now! POD should be returning shortly. I'm just gonna finish my short story Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll first. There should be two parts left to it, so POD should be back tomorrow. =D

Thanks!
-JC

514 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 2:23 am
View Likes
JC says...

Okay, POD is now returning to YWS! I just posted chapter 32 cont. yay!

514 Reviews

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:43 pm
View Likes
JC says...

After a long break of not knowing what was going to happen, and writing depressing scenes just for the heck of it. POD is now back on track. YAY!

***SPOILERS***
I was wondering if it would be more intresting for Mary to leave Richard in the end, or stay with him and abandon Jamie...any thoughts?

***END OF SPOILERS***

Yeah, so for those of you who read POD, thanks for keeping with it through it's somewhat terrible moments of uncertanty. I don't know if I voice it enough, but your continued reading is greatly appreciated. Philosophy would not be the same without you =D And I hope that someday I can get it published. That would be nice. But I'm going to stop counting eggs before they hatch eh?

Once again, thanks!

-JC

514 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:14 pm
View Likes
JC says...

Okay...no thoughts then...

UPDATES:
POD- I've finished the outline, so at least I know what's going to happen...I just need to get the inspiration to actually write it.

We are the Flame- I'm still working on the character list, but the outline is finished...so...yeah. I'm going to stop posting it here for reasons beyond my control (the ratings about to go up to R for just about every chapter).

Silver (possible title)- Welcome to my obsession...vampires. Yes, like flame this is going to be another vampire book. I've lightly outlined it, but am not going to be writing it soon...I'm thinking NaNo...but I haven't really decided yet. I doubt that it will be posted here, but not because of ratings or anything.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:18 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

aww you should post despite ratings! How else can I critique it...?

And you should totally write more for POD.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:38 pm
View Likes
JC says...

M'k...I can post Flame...but when people come with pitchforks about the content, I'll stop...Although...I could always use the livejournal thing for Flame...I'll think about it =D

And I'm half done with the next chap of POD. Yay! lol

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla