z

Young Writers Society

What is MSS?

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Tue May 08, 2007 7:50 pm
miyaviloves says...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this? But anyway, I am looking through Literacy Agents to help Pulish my Ice Cubes piece (As my creative writing teacher is being very secretive with it all) and i have noticed lot's of places say Full length MSS only...but I dont know if this is obvious but what is MSS?

Help?

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Firestarter says...

MSS is short for Manuscripts, so in this context, it means you can only submit entire works rather than than the start of it to the agent to try and interest them.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue May 08, 2007 8:09 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, that confused me for a while as well. It's amazing, the apparent shortage of query-letter-help-site-thingies there are on the search engines, if you compare them to irritating "make a friend out of paper mache" results. You really have to scour google thoroughly!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 pm
miyaviloves says...

Hey thanks both for clearing that up for me :D!
It's much appreciated!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Firestarter says...

Actually, wikipedia solves everything. Type MSS into it and one of the answers for it is Manuscripts. Wikipedia>Google for quick information.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue May 08, 2007 8:32 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I did actually try Wikipedia when I didn't know the meaning of MSS, but the results ended up over-loading my simple mind. It said stuff about them being traditionally written by hand (to which I gasped in horror), but then said that nowadays they don't necessarily have to be hand-written. However, being the paranoid being I am, I had to look up other things to make sure :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon May 14, 2007 8:21 am
Girl_in_pink says...

THANKS FOR CLEARING (MSS) UP FOR ME . LOV THE GIRL_IN_PINK.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt