z

Young Writers Society

How far are we?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:13 am
Dynamo says...

Well, my first attempt at writing a novel would be Dragon Knight Legacy. I'm pretty proud of my work so far. I've also started on a futuristic type story some time ago because my first book is set in the past. I had a bunch of ideas for story material that could only be possible in the future, like Alchemy and super-awsome rocket powered motorcycles. Anyway, I've finished writing the story of my first book, now all I have to do is go through the whole thing and fix all the typos, plot holes, etc. Plus I have to fix up the first few chapters because I don't like the idea of the main character in the future being referred to as an exiled prince from a destroyed city. When I do that I have to go through the whole story and change all the references to him being a prince, maybe then it'll be publishable in my opinion. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to artistic writing.) And to top it all off, I have to wait until mid-June so I can go back to Canada after my exchange student program in Japan finishes.

Man... the things I do for the creative side of my brain.

So, how about you guys? What's the deal with your books?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:51 am
Writersdomain says...

Congrats on finishing you first book! Tis marvelous! And the editing and rewriting is the best part if you ask me. :wink: Keep a'writin'. Perfectionists... ah, the wonderul agonies of perfectionism.

Have you posted any of your story here on YWS?
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:08 am
Dynamo says...

Yeah I have. I posted the prologues and first 5 chapters of both the stories I'm working on. They are: "The Dragon Knight Legacy," and "Code Name S.I.N.H."

Don't mind any of the errors or plot holes you may find, I posted both stories a long time ago.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:54 pm
Crimson says...

Congrats on your book's completion, must be exhilirating!

I'm currently in the process of writing my first draft and organizing my thoughts. I'm hoping to have this draft done as soon as possible so I can get to editing like a mad thing because I'm sure there are tons of grammatical errors within it.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 pm
Esmé says...

Lol, congrats from me too! Happy you! I'm on chapter 4 for the last four months... *Raises an eyebrow*

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman