Young Writers Society

High School Jungle

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:18 am
View Likes
ScarletRoseofSorrow says...

Chapter I: Great...Another Introduction

As I approached the walkway of my new school, I knew exactly what was going to be expected going here. A whole lot of...something. People were leaning up against walls reading Playboy, smoking cigarettes, and just your average (or not average) day of high school. Of course, I had a lot to learn about this new school.
"Move out my way!" hollered some random chick on a skateboard coming towards me.
Note to self: If I ever get the impulse to jump on those psyco skateboards, immediately bang head against locker. Or wall. Whichever is closer. This girl must have had some expierence with falling; she crashed into the pavement and her board went flying through the air. I was about to go and help her up, when she automatically jumped into the air yelling, "I'm alright. Alright..." then she paused to crack her neck with a eery popping sound. Ugh.
"You oughta watch where you're going next time!" the girl yelled before taking off yet again. Not to mention making a fantatasic display of another faceplant on the ground.
Another note to self: Scribble recent "Note to Self" out and put if I ever get the impulse to jump on one of rolling death machines, throw self off the Empire before attempt.
Assuming it was safe it to walk now, I started to trudge my way to the school entrance, when I was blocked off by a bunch of blondes with the same color ribbons holding their hair back. I was thinking that instead of a normal high school that this was "Snobs Anonymous". Or a cult. Whatever seems to fit.
"Look at the new freshman. So helpless, yet so...what's the word for it?" the first blonde asked the second.
Seems like another one of those movie moments I keep having. "The Revenge of the Blondes". Coming to a theater near you. Rated IB (Insane Blondes. Might scare your children).
"What is with her hairstyle?" the third blonde asked the first and second twirling a lock of hair between her fingers.
"Would you move, like, today perhaps?" I asked them each.
"Why?" the third blonde questioned.
"Because I want to get through. Should I add in a big duh?" I answered her stubbornly.
They were so shocked, they immediately went to a fit of whispering. Then they cleared the way, by my added surprise, and I started to walk up the steps. But they blocked my way again. Sigh.
"I would love to play Red Rover with you, but I really have to go in there." I replied sardonically.
"Why should we let you go? I mean, we are high-class juniors, while you're just a mere freshman readying your quest to join us."
In my angry rush just to get up to the school, I briefly put in, "I can see your roots..."
The third blonde went into turmoil pulling out a compact mirror looking over her brunette part. Avoiding another collision with people I barely knew, I made my way up to the school. This wasn't going to be a good day. I could feel it.

After that fiasco with Blonde, Blonder, and Blondest, I decided I better visit the office. It wasn't an easy task. I tried my best to avoid getting hit the face with footballs, soccerballs, and even the occasional notebook. Apparently some of these people hated school.
When I stepped into the office, I was met with an elderly lady typing gingerly on the computer keyboard. It wasn't until I cleared my throat for the umptenth time that she actually took notice.
"Oh, hello, darling!" she exclaimed jumping back in her chair. She reminded me a bit of my grandmother. She had just the same accent as her and she even had the same mustache!
"Hi. I was wondering if I could have my schedule?" I asked her.
"Hmm...well let me see. Name?"
"Milissa George."
She began to thumb threw a note file in one of the drawers and finally withdraweled a small piece of paper listing my different classes and electives. I could hardly wait to read it.
She handed it to me and I waited until I was out of the office before getting it out of my pocket to look it over. Oh, damn. This was not going to be a good semister. I had Chemistry, Algebra, and P.E. to suffer through. I know that P.E. was in every semister, but I hate it just the same. The only classes I was ever actually considered 'good' in was English Comp. and American History. Sadly, I had French and Civics. Grrrr...
My first class was Algebra. Yay. I get to give myself a headache AND be subjected to a life of untimely turmoil. Just dandy. But I had to survive.

My first class was all the way to the other side of the school so I had to act fast. When I say fast, I mean FAST. I almost had to run when I found a clock reading 8:23am. I had seven minutes to get to the other side of the school. Could this day get any worse?
Before I got a chance to answer that, I was knocked sideways by a locker being thrown open. As I was checking to see if I still had my brainstem intact, I looked in the face of an angel.
Okay. It was a hot guy. A hot, HOT guy. A hot, HOT, HOT guy. You get the picture. His name was Ian...something or rather. It said so on his necklace.
He had long, black hair cut in a guyish fashion (whatever that means) with blue highlights streaking through them. My knight in shining armor, my king in the night, my...okay, I'm out of metaphors.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:26 am
View Likes
Via says...

This is a story, it belongs in 'fiction' (I'm assuming)

Please moveth there dear fiction mod? :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 am
View Likes
AmIKatie says...

Got any more of the story and may i suggest more names? Unless that's the statement your going for =]

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl