z

Young Writers Society

My Literary Blog

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Revere says...

If any of you remember, Distance was the last thing I've written, which was in December. I haven't written anything the past few months since then because of our play at school, and a really big English project I've been working on. I'm back posting at YWS again, and I'm starting some literary endeavors I hope to post here sometime soon:

Undercurrent

This was an idea I gave to my teacher for our next play in May, but he chose another one so I decided to turn this into either a novel, a novella, or a long short story (I'll have to see once I get going along a bit farther in my outlining). It's a fantasy story, a genre I've never written in before, and I'm really excited to get to writing it. Here is my one sentence basic outline:

"An obnoxious human girl is unknowingly sent as a martyr to a small community of nymphs to search for her husband of late, and turns their world upside-down."

Very wordy, I know, but there's a lot to say in one sentence. There's also a bit of mystery in it, and a love story - and the characters are coming along very nicely. There's more to it than one sentence will hold. I think it'll turn out really well.

A Poem With An Undetermined Topic

That definately won't be the final title, but I know I want to write another poem, because I haven't in awhile. I hope to write this within the next month, but maybe longer depending on how Undercurrent is developing.

A Short Story With An Undetermined Topic

I could write this in the middle of writing Undercurrent, as a break from it, or I might wait untill it's finished. Once again I don't know what it will be about, but knowing I'm going to write it helps me organize my time for writing.

So, ya, that's all I have for now, but I'll keep posting on this topic saying how Undercurrent is working for me.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:30 am
Wiggy says...

Cool beans! Can't wait to hear more. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 am
Myth says...

Hello GR!

I loved Heat, and would like to see you post Undercurrent—or just the character sketches.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

67 Reviews

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:39 pm
Revere says...

I am now basically finished outlining for Undercurrent, so I can start writing the first draft once I reread all my outlines and see if I missed anything. It's sort of thrilling, finally being able to start this.

Oh, and I have decided it will be a novel. Right now I'm looking at having about 22 chapters, but that can change once I start.
^Mary, from Heat

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:01 pm
Revere says...

I need to come back to this topic more often - it was resting right on page seven of the Writers Corner boards ...

Anyway, I've finished a short story to divert away from Undercurrent, which may be called Undertone now (I'm not sure yet). I've started the novel, yes, but I need to re-evaluate a lot of things before I get neck deep into it. I want to fine tune my writing skills before such an endeavor.

So that's what this new story is for: practicing my skills, and creating an effective, expressive piece of (historical) short fiction. I actually really like it, and it should be posted on YWS within the next few days - I don't want to reveal too much more. :wink:
^Mary, from Heat

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver