z

Young Writers Society

work of a bird

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:52 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hello all!
So, this is basically a place for me to rant about all the crazy, semi-lucid stuff I put down on paper, yes? :-)
Well, the two things I'm working the hardest on these days are Gypsie Eyes (a fantasty novel, I think I've posted up to chapter 11) and In Thrall (a sort of semi-scifi story, not sure how long it'll be). As most of you know, my three main characters in Gypsie Eyes (GE) are Karenna, Avarn, and *sigh* Tannar. It's not exactly your standard love triangle, people.
My protagonist in In Thrall (nifty title, eh?) is Danteel. Ah, Danteel. Poor Danteel. He's a Nagai (a humanoid race with white skin and solid black eyes, very thin) and, as the title suggests, the story is mostly about his enslavement by a man named Moncreif. *growls* I hate Moncreif.
As of right now, I have about 23 chapters (nearly 120 pages) in Gypsie Eyes, and only about 20 (pages) in In Thrall. Anyone with any questions about my work, just let me know!
Last edited by gyrfalcon on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 pm
Wiggy says...

Where do we find it on here to read? :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:50 pm
Swires says...

Fantasy Fiction and Science Fiction respectively in the order that gyr mentioned.

You are a great writer - churn out a story and get something published. I really believe you ahve the potential and I will be buying the book if it makes it to the UK.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:44 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Ooh... I remember running into Karenna and Tannar in the character answer game. :D I'm definitely going to check out your stories.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:20 pm
Shafter says...

Yay Danteel! :) I'm a sucker for the Born of the Stars characters. I'm glad you're finally writing a story about him, even if it is all your bad moods strung together! ;) I've read part of In Thrall, and liking it even better than the first time you read it to me!

Incidentally, is BotS still on the radar screen? Anywhere...?
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:37 pm
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

*must.... have... more... 'In Thrall....*

*dies*

440 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:48 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hello, everyone!
Wow, I'm amazed at how many responses I've gotten in so short a time. :oops: *muses* Maybe people really do like me.... ;)

Anyway, as a help, here are the links to Gypsie Eyes and In Thrall, my two main works posted:

Gypsie Eyes: viewtopic.php?t=10620&start=0

In Thrall: viewtopic.php?t=12580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:00 am
Myth says...

Gry, you're a brilliant writer! And also a lover of birds! I'll get onto critiquing In Thrall, so far it had kept me reading without stopping.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:01 pm
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

Here I am, waiting ever so paitently for more In Thrall. I have missed important deadlines so that I could stay up and read In Thrall. I have procrastinated on matters of great improtance so that I could have the opportunity to crit In Thrall (See Chair, Fools' Duel, french homework, etc).

The least you could do is give me more In Thrall to read and sacrifice my work to. ;) XD

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:03 pm
Poor Imp says...

'Lo Gyr.

...I have yet to continue In Thrall's critique; but know that it's worth my time and will eventually get it. ^_~

Are Tannar and Danteel's tales the only two you've got at the moment, as moving projects? ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

440 Reviews

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:56 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around recently--schoolwork has forced me into a YWS sabatical that I hope to end soon. Imp: yes, GE and InTh are the only two I'm actively working on at this point, though one or two are in the wings. I hope to be putting up more GE soon, but InThrall may be awhile (you see, I have to write the next scene. arg!). See you guys soon!

440 Reviews

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:42 am
gyrfalcon says...

Hello, hello!

Just an update here, people, for anyone who's enjoying In Thrall (*small guilt trip for not posting on it in ages*), it began as almost an apendix to another story I've been working on, called Born of the Stars. Recently, I have begun to rewrite this story (trust me, it needed it) and I would really appreciate any help I could get on it.

Here's the link, thanks in advance!: viewtopic.php?t=13968&highlight=

440 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:10 pm
gyrfalcon says...

:cry:
Where are all my faithful fans? Okay, okay, I know this sounds terribly conceited of me, but I've posted new stuff on all three of my stories (Gypsie Eyes, In Thrall, and BotS Rewrite) and have hardly gotten any responses!!! Bird needs help! :( *mutters* I finally start getting into the writing swing again......

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus