z

Young Writers Society

The Journey So Far

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:46 am
View Likes
Alteran says...

This writing thig started 3 years ago for me. Sitting on my bed reading HP and thinking. I can totally write a better novel than this I've always been a little full of myself but i'm getting much better. So I wrote. I've drawn pictures of book covers, made sculptures, (I had art class)and wrote non stop since then.

I finished my first novel in my summer between Junior and Senior year. I've sent queries to publishers (No bites) and now i'm focusing on agents since this market is extremely hard to get in to. Of course if your a senator writing about totalt garbage you can get published. Or you've already been published it's a piece of cake. But for newbies it's like trying to dig a hole with your bare hands on an iron floor.

Now I've finshed the second novel. and things are picking up. I've been getting my stuff put in the college paper. (some exposure is better than non) and after reading an article in wrters digest i'm working on a website.

I'm not a great typer so i've just been hand writing everything and while i'm yet to start book number three i have gotten entranced by the Work or Die. I've no idea where it came from but it flows even better than the Order. Quite odd.

So basically i've got 2 novels finished, 3 novels started, and a lovely pile of rejection letters and rejection emails.

My advice to all those trying to get published : Never ever ever give up or get down. All it takes is one set of eyes to say lets publish this.

Happy writing. :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:30 pm
Swires says...

Dont worry. You will get accepted soon enough.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:29 am
View Likes
Alteran says...

New rejections.

One from TOR (That i dont evene remeber sending thus making it a tad more depressing)

and another from DAW.

Dpressed? Just a little.

Is it gonna stop me? Do people pee? (That's a no if you didn't catch that.)

Someday. Someday i'll get there. Till then i'll just have to keep on writing.

"The professional writer is the amatuar who never gave up" --Uknown--
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 pm
Meep says...

Have you edited and revised? Extensively? (I know that seems silly, but a lot of people finish the first draft and call it done.)

Another question to ask yourself: will you still think that this is good in two years? twenty years? Once it's published, it won't ever go away. Make sure you're really super confident that this is what you want to show the world, because you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

... and enough of the doom & gloom: best of luck to you.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 pm
Sean Pendr says...

Keep trying and all things will work out in the end. remember "Thoughts manifest." (eventually)........ GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D
I do not want the first pithy lines that pop into your head. I'm not interested in that. I want plot, real characters, sharp dialogue. Plan, dream, live your story, then write it. Novel writing is not for the impulsive. ~Kitty15

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau