142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 9, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 3,113

Abby talks a tad more and takes a walk with Martin (the mysterious dude) to the platform where his imaginary train would come in. They get to the station, Abby’s like “there isn’t a train, if there was i would take it,” and then Martin’s like “then why don’t you” and BAM! pulls out another ticket.

I’m going to write more (I need 340 words to reach my goal for today) and then create a collage with Martin Flinnbaker included in it. Yeah, so, look forward to getting notifications for that soon.

142 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:48 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 9, 2020
Word Count:
200 (no, that was not on purpose)
Total Words: 3,313

So there is a train! And Martin says something along the lines of "i told you so" and Abby is like "wtf" and is looking at all the schedules and all the schedules say there isn't supposed to be a 12:30pm train and Abby is very bamboozled.

Another post is coming soon because I have to hit my goal and I'm creating another collage. Also, I want you all to know that my book is written way better than these brief descriptions, just incase you thought my book was written as bad as these.

142 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

New Collage! Same thing as the last one!

Brunette = Ruby (not introduced as of 7/13)
Blonde = Abigail (introduced)
James Norton = Dennis (not introduced)
Striped Shirt = Martin (introduced)Image
Last edited by looseleaf on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Time for the boys' character profiles!
Name: Dennis Julius Bonham

Looks: Basically just young James Norton (because I'm lazy), but with several tattoos (none bigger than the palm of his hand).

Personality: Has a good mix of Ruby and Abby's personalities. Quite the party animal, isn't the smartest (average) person, but did get into NYU on a football scholarship. Dennis is a good cook, but can't memorize anything. Is studying to become a biochemist.

Skills: Cooking, chemistry, making different kinds of drinks (mixology), video games.

Other: Is Ruby's cousin.

Yes, I know, I was quite lazy with his description. Here's Martins:
Name: Martin Flinnbaker

Looks: Martin looks young (around 20 something) Martin as fair to pale skin and brown hair with dark brown eyes. He has a mole on the right side of his round face. He doesn't have any notable facial hair but usually has a five-o-clock shadow. He's the same height as Abby at 5'7".

Personality: Very creepy. Martin stays to himself most of the time. He's always working on some mysterious science project and sometimes illegally tricks people into testing his projects. That being said, he is a genius who graduated highschool at 15, went to Harvard, and has two PhDs. Martin is an optimistic person and is kind only to a few people, mostly those he's experimenting on.

Skills: Anything related to science, math, writing factual things, conning people into things.

So, yeah! These are the characters! Be prepared for another update later today!
Last edited by looseleaf on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:00 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 10, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 3,947

Woo! So, today's writing was interesting. Abby hesitates to get on the train, but because Martin is so dang charismatic, she agrees to go with him. Some other people get on the train, but Abby notices they're glowing. Spoiler alert:
Spoiler! :
The glowing people are holograms that Martin made.
She points this out to Martin and he's like "wtf are you ok?" and when Abby looks back they aren't glowing. Spoiler alert:
Spoiler! :
Martin pressed a button on his watch or something to fix the holograms so they don't look like they're glowing.
And then they talk about how Martins going to New York to see his best friend's wife who has cholera. Spoiler alert:
Spoiler! :
That's a lie.

I still need to write 125 words to reach my goal, but that probably won't happen. But I am still proud of myself! And I think I can finish off this chapter in 1,000 words (one or two days) and finally introduce Ruby! I think I'll wait to chapter four or five to introduce Dennis, though.

To clear somethings up if you read the spoilers:
Spoiler! :
So, Martin is from 2019. He invents this time machine (cause he's like freaky genius) and goes back in time to 1856 (random year) to get someone to see if his time machine can bring people back to 2019. So, when he sees poor ol' Abby all alone, he takes his chance and gives her a ticket to this train, which is really his time machine! The hologram people are so that she doesn't feel uncomfortable.

142 Reviews

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 11, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 4,056

Woo! Past 4,000 words! I didn't write much at all (I probably won't write more), it was all just conversation. I'll get to the time travel tomorrow or the day after!

142 Reviews

Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:24 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 12, 2020
Word Count:
368/797
Total Words: 4,424

Alrighty! So, basically today was the start of the time travel scene. Abby gets deep into describing something, and Martin checks his watch, and he's like "oh shoot its 1pm and the trains only going 90mph it needs to go 110mph". He excuses himself and rushes through the empty passenger car in front of them, the fake coal car, and then into the front engine (which has no conductor). He then uncovers the electronic controls and is going to try to override the time machine and make it go 110mph.

Meanwhile Abby's just sitting there and she sees the guy from before, "oh shoot he's glowing again wtf" and she goes to find Martin but discovers he's not talking to a friend in the other passenger car LIKE HE SAID HE WAS (*gasp*). And then she starts searching for him and that's as far as I got.

142 Reviews

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:18 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 12, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 4,547

Not much, just Abby returning to her seat and Martin getting ready to speed up!

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 13, 2020
Word Count:
213/813
Total Words: 4,760

And that brings chapter 2 to an end! Abby is officially on her way to 2019 (but she doesn’t know it yet)! Basically, Martin says over the intercom “this’ll be a bumpy ride blah blah buckle up and hold on” and Abby’s like “wtf is a seatbelt is this a seatbelt?” and then she tries to take off the seatbelt and it doesn’t work.

And then they go uphill and keep gaining speed and the other passengers keep getting brighter and brighter until... everything stops. The birds stop flying, the leaves stop doing leave things, everything. And just as soon as everything stops, there’s a huge blue flash, and everything goes black.

Next chapter I’ll start off by introducing Ruby and yada yada.

Thank you to everyone who actually reads these, and I promise you, the book is better written than my updates! I’m going to write some more today and maybe find an apartment floor plan for Ruby.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright! Hello everyone reading this. I need your help deciding on something for my book! I've picked two apartments to base Ruby's apartment on for you guys to choose from! The options are below, please look at them, and then post a message in this thread saying which option you want!

OPTION ONE

OPTION TWO
Spoiler! :
Tagging people who have liked the thread/posts: @EditorandPerks @Carlito @JesseWrites @EternalRain @starlitmind @soundofmind @mellifera @Hkumar @lulon @Liberty. If you do not want to be tagged if I do something like this again, please say so!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Ooh I think I like the second on best. :)
*insert quirky signature here*

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:45 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Hmm. I like them both! The second one is very charming too though ^^
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

142 Reviews

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Thanks for the votes so far, guys! I appreciate it!

July 13, 2020
Word Count:
201/600
Total Words: 4,961

So, I started Chapter 3 with Ruby working at the library. She hates social interaction, which led to her choosing being a part-time librarian (outside of school at NYU), but today there's some childish dude wanting to check out 23 books when you can only check out 20. She tells him to stop, he's like "NOOoooOOOooo", she calmly takes the three extra books away from him.

He tries to take the book back, but unfortunately for him, Ruby is much stronger than him (she plays softball for NYU) and takes the books back. She smiles and turns away and that's all I have for now.

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:36 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

I also like the second one!
.--. --- - .- - ---

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:54 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I like the layout of the first better but the feel/decor of the second one better!

(And having been in NYC apartments, know that while the pictures make them look nice and cute, they are SMALLLLLL. And if it's an old building it probably has bugs.)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19