Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

A Future Mistake
Spoiler! :
FIRST BOOK COVER:Image
Spoiler! :
OFFICIAL BOOK COVER:Image

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is! I'm going to write and hopefully finish a novel (that won't happen) this month.

Basically, what I'm going for is my MC from the 17-18-early 1900s gets on the wrong train and is magically transported to 2018/19 (so the modern world hasn't gone to hell yet). And basically it's her meeting someone, them becoming friends, her dealing with not being in her time period and yada yada yadda. I'm still working on it, as you can tell. My goal is 20,000 words, so hopefully, that'll happen.

You can track my progress here as well as this thread: LZ's NaNoWriMo Page

Thanks again to @mellifera, @EternalRain, and @soundofmind for helping me with this. I would be very lost without you all!

Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions down in the thread!
Last edited by looseleaf on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:23 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 1, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 110

I just did the description, which I will put below! I like how it is so far and the characters are coming along wonderfully. It is still a work in progress though. Please, if I'm getting anything historically wrong, please tell me.
Abigail Strinbrall was living her ordinary 1816 life. Dancing, sewing, talking, and visiting family and close friends. Abby was visiting relatives out of state when she ran late to the train station. Desperate to find a way to get home, she buys a ticket off a shady seller. The train somehow transports her to early 2019 for a year.

Ruby Thompson was just walking home from her job as a librarian's assistant when she saw a lady dressed in Victorian clothes crying on a bench. After a bit of conversation, Ruby takes her home.

Basically Abby adapting, friendship, yada yadda. End with Abby missing a flight, buying a random ticket, sent back to 1816.

I hope you like it! <3

142 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 2, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 248

So I started the book off at Abby's aunt's house. They're having a conversation about how Abby wasn't raised right because she was raised in the city and not on farmland, like her mom and aunt. That's all as of now, but I am quite sure I will have more this evening!

142 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 2, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 385

Basically Abby getting pissed and starting a walk in the garden.

142 Reviews

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

So, I didn't write anything on the third (I know, I know, I'm awful) but I did write nearly my entire word count on the fourth, so that's good!

July 4, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 717

Abby talks a walk pasts the farm fields, remembers how much better her garden was at home and longs to go home, and visits the slaves.

I may take that part of her visiting the slaves out, but it helps the chapter be longer.

Also changed the year from 1816 to 1856.

142 Reviews

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:40 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 5, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 938

^^The count may be a bit off, but oh well.^^

Abby talks to Tabs and Frankie (the slaves) about her best friend, who is travelling in the new town of Dallas, Texas.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:32 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 5, 2020
Words Written:
Total Words: 1,140

So they're talking about Abby's friend, Lily Ivan, and how she's fallen in love with a guy in Texas and they can probably expect a marriage soon, even though they all think Lily's too young. Then they talk about this guy name Fredrick that Abby sort of likes, but he likes some girl named Katherine, so that'll never happen. Then Mr. Strinbrall barges in and ruins everything.

I hope you're liking my very detailed descriptions of what I wrote.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Taking a break for some character descriptions (yayyy)
Name: Abigail Strinbrall

Looks: Abby is a young woman of German background. She has goldish blonde hair and pale skin. She has freckles everywhere. She has large pale blue eyes, a thick nose, and thin lips. She always has a pink tint to her face.

Personality: VERY CHATTY. She always has to be the one talking, even if it's just plain nonsense. She is not at all squeamish but can get scared depending on the situation. She is very active and enjoys long walks in the garden.

Skills: Sewing, throwing events, gardening, and walking.

So here's a character I haven't introduced yet, but is none-the-less a main character
Name: Ruby Thompson

Looks: Ruby has olive skin and dark brown hair that goes to her chin. She isn't what you would call skinny, but she is not at all overweight. She has some muscles, as she plays softball for New York University. She is 5'9" and is missing a finger on her left hand.

Personality: Very introverted. Besides school and sports, she hardly does anything social. She is very awkward but can easily crack a joke. Ruby is very knowledgable when it comes to literature and history.

Skills: Softball, cooking, writing, and drawing with markers.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 6, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 1,471

Abby departs with her dad from the slave's house, they talk a bit, and are greeted at the house by their carriage.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:05 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 6, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 1,596

Mrs. Sherman tries to get into the Strinbralls' carriage but Mr. Sherman pulls her back. The Strinbralls get into their carriage and are on their way to the train station. Probably will try to end this chapter by 2,500 words.

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I'm sorry for all of you who are subscribed to this thread, you must be hit with a lot of notifications. Anyways, I created a collage. It is not a good collage, and only has the three main characters (for now) that I definitely know will be in the story. And, yes, the picture for Dennis is James Norton. He's the closest from what I imagined Dennis to be like than any other people I could find. The blonde is Abigail and the brunette is Ruby. This is not definite at all, and I will be updating this in the future.
Spoiler! :

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:14 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Yet another update

July 6, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 1,807

The end of chapter one! The carriage starts moving, Mrs. Strinbrall and Abigail start talking about the lunch party they're having with the Thims and Mr. Fredrick, then Abby falls asleep at the end of the chapter!

142 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 7, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 2,409

Woo! We’re past 2,000 words baby! Way past it. My goal for today is 728 words, so 126 to go! I may not be able to reach that goal, but if I do I’ll post it here.

So, basically, they get to the station and Abby’s parents leave her to get tickets, but they take an hour and the train starts to leave. Turns out Mr. and Mrs. Strinbrall are on the train, but were rushed and couldn’t get Abby. Now Abby’s stuck with only enough money to buy a ticket for a train tomorrow. But, there’s a mysterious man sitting next to her, whom may have some significance to the story.

142 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:25 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Yet another update.

July 7, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 2,544 (my count may be a bit off)

So, I completed my 728 word goal for today, which is lovely! Basically all I did was Dennis’s character profile thing and Abby sitting down and greeting the mysterious man.

142 Reviews

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:31 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 8, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 2,701

So Abby's talking to this strange guy, and the guy has a ticket for a train that isn't on the schedule.

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality