z

Young Writers Society

Mentor Wanted

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 pm
elysian says...

Hello! I'm not positive if this is the best place to post this request, but it seemed the most fitting.

I'm searching for a mentor while writing my novel, someone that I can reach on a normal basis to read over my work and help me improve, and someone to continue to motivate me to reach my goal of completion.

Requirements:
these are all just preferences, not mandatory.

-Someone with experience writing novels
-Someone who will be comfortable exchanging phone numbers for easy communication
-Someone willing to read and help edit my work
-Someone who enjoys fantasy/action/romance novels
-Someone that is in a time zone that works closely with my own. (this can be worked around)

My Novel:

You've died and gone to heaven. God believes that you're are meant for a greater purpose than to sit around Heaven. The thing is, if you fail, you might be taken by Lucifer. God has seen some dark things in your path, but he chose to spare you from the Devil because your talents were worth more in the mortal world against spirits. You have six years to live, and once your time is up you could be captured by the Devil, or rewarded in Heaven. What path will you choose?

please reply to this thread or dm me if interested!
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

Reviews: 0

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 pm
elysian says...

anyone else?
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 pm
Carlito says...

Hi! I'd love to help. I'm not usually a fantasy person, but I am definitely a romance person and your concept sounds intriguing.

I've written many drafts of six different novels and will soon be starting #7. I mostly write YA contemporary romance.

I'd love to share some of the tips and tricks that have helped me plot, stay motivated, and actually finish each of those novels, and then celebrate with you once you reach that goal! I'll be starting my next novel very soon, so we could write together! I could help with setting some attainable daily/weekly writing goals, finding the time to write, doing write-ins with you so we hit those goals, helping when you get stuck, etc.

I'd also be happy to read it through and give you notes once you're all the way done. I won't edit as you go. I would strongly advise you to avoid editing as you go. I know it's tempting, but it actually makes it harder to write the draft because you're doing two different things. Focus on getting something on the page (even if it's terrible and you know you'll change it later) rather than making it perfect. It will also frustrate you and mess with your motivation when you go back and try to edit while you're writing the draft. Power forward!

Feel free to PM me and we can chat more about exactly what you're looking for and how I can help :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko