z

Young Writers Society

Within Inclinations of Impishness?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 pm
Poor Imp says...

Myth wrote:Imp, I'd love to :mrgreen:

Thanks, Myth. I hope even under current circumstances, I could email it to you when it's properly and decently ordered to be looked over?

---

::...For the Update..::

Well, I have deadlines for classes and that tears writing intent apart. But on its flipside, for the positive, I've got to work on some things. Naturally, I've started things new while still stumbling through old...

• Sankt Gorod has a bit more happening, action and plot and half a first draft.
  • Presque Vu has its current draft full of margin notes and another two pages written. (Thanks so much to the critiques given here...helpful all around - especially dear Incan - only slight sarcasm - for 'how'?)
  • Veni, Spiritus is science-fiction, begun for various reasons. Do genes influence a mind, the ghost in the machine? Genetically manipulated colonists sans what we called imagination deal with a 'mad' young man.
  • Stage-Boy (no, working title) -- Based on current Fools' Duel prompt. Vaguely historical fantasy...

And -
  • Rovvy with Myth in mind. Science fiction - what is human?

--

Ah well. I'm on the edge of idiot self-deprecation, and there's nothing else to say.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

459 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 5:41 am
Poor Imp says...

On Whim:

Presque Vu is moved - if not far, somewhat. I've yet to put it into any wortwhile end in editing; all in my head.

The whim happens to be detective stories. For the fun of it, and oddity of planning something, forward and backwards, I'm turning a hand to detectives. I never do plan what I intendt to write...it just fits, more or less, as it goes.

Novelty now to work on something that has got to be planned. o0

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun May 06, 2007 2:16 pm
Writersdomain says...

I never do plan what I intendt to write...it just fits, more or less, as it goes.

Heh, yes, I can relate except I never end up writing exactly what I plan even if I DO plan it. :wink:

And oooh, detective stories! I haven't read a lot of detective stories; if you post any of it here on YWS, I'll be eager to read it. :D
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

459 Reviews

Fri May 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Poor Imp says...

You Know, Rather the Idea of Things Finding a Finish:

[Putting things in the passive, you notice, takes responsibility out of the actor's hands... ^_~]

Update then -

..::Presque Vu::.. -- It's been reworked with critiques in mind - or make that present progress[ive]ing - it's being slit and re-sewn. But it has got its end in sight. Before I send it off for possibility of being published, I'll post the revised piece here.

..::Fallowdell::.. -- ...will be a short story rather than a fragment. It's also being finished for publication attempt. It may or may not show up in completed form here before such action.

..::Stage-Boy::.. -- Was and is the fickle fancy stemming from Fools' Duel prompt of some months or weeks ago. None of it is posted here, except for an opening paragraph in Writing Activities. Ha, but following Cal's meander through LJ's, it does have one of those. Rather. Stage-Boy Journal. It's aiming at novella-like length, likely. It's a mind-numbing and heart-stopping tangle.

And then - DETECTIVE FICTION: It's rather fun but that it takes up time. Time is so seldom swift to slow on courtesy.

(And thanks, WD. ^_^ If I post anything, I'd be more than grateful for your comments. Ah, I'll PM you if I do.)

That would end updates, I suppose.

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

459 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:39 am
Poor Imp says...

Update (with a strict sense of updated remarks if not updated material attached to them)

..::Presque Vu::..

...drives me up a wall. I might add something lighter to that. It is an endlessly twisted puzzle. How does one live now, when what's already come seems like what happened?

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 am
Dream Deep says...

Ach, Imp...

I saw 'Updates' at the top of your post, there, 'Presque Vu' directly beneath it and got all excited, thinking you had tacked another chapter or two onto it. ^_^

...(which is why it pays to read posts the whole way through rather than haphazardly attacking the link only to disover that the alarm was false). ^_~

459 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:46 am
Poor Imp says...

Er, well...I might actually get something of another installment up in either a few hours or few days, depending upon various circumstances and Fletcher's reliability as narrator. ^_^

I've been pounding at it, as hopefully and stubbornly as pounding a head into a brick wall.

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:47 am
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

... but hopefully somewhat less painful?

No worries, Imp - even if it does take a few days rather than a few hours (or a few weeks, at that), it's a wonderful story you have going there.

459 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 am
Poor Imp says...

'Tis such an awful thing to cause disappointment though. ^_~ Naturally, you'd have to know, I'd be terribly down if I thought some DD work had been posted...and wasn't. ^_^''

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:55 am
Dream Deep says...

I'm fighting the urge to look hunted.

[Though it might please you to know that I'm working on a new short completely devoid of anything and everything to do with Shan and Viktor - a new story for the sake of something refreshing and quick. Though it probably won't be ready to post until next week...]

--

EDIt: (Why am I doing this here? I should be in my own Corner... ^_~)

459 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:56 am
Poor Imp says...

No need of feeling hunted - but, konyeshna, I will look out for it. ^_^

-Lloyd Alexander

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:14 am
Myth says...

Imp, I've got to read Babushka, that's a name or something I've heard before. And I've time to critique Rovvy if you're done?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

459 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:29 am
Poor Imp says...

Myth wrote:Imp, I've got to read Babushka, that's a name or something I've heard before. And I've time to critique Rovvy if you're done?

Oy... as for Rovvy, I wish it were. Quite a bit more neatened and written; but none typed up. !_!'

Thanks again for being willing to critique it. I'll have to add time to a day to put in some form on the computer.

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

459 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 pm
Poor Imp says...

..::Bloody Rotten Update::..

...my computer died. Not so uncommon, in the blunt sense of idiotic programming and sometimes idiotic choices. But it swallowed every document I had on it and so, all writing not printed or emailed is gone. Bloody well gone.

Yes, well, it happened near on a month ago. Less said, easier forgotten.

I still have quite a few things printed and emailed to myself. Stage-Boy lost a bit. Presque Vu is trapped in print page on (partially) here on YWS.

..::Less Bloody Rotten::..

Vetren'iy -- It has a tenuous rather than nebulous form, finally; and I've a list of flippant chapter titles. It may, depending upon inescapable outside influences, even have chapters posted on YWS within a month. ^_^

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 pm
Sam says...

*dances* VETREN'IY! OUTLINED!

Ooh, Impster, I believe you need cake. ^_^ If I don't see them right away, tell me when you post- I absolutely must see this for myself.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato