z

Young Writers Society

Children's Fantasy

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Hm, I was walking home the other day when my brother started talking about puddles. Then he got all hyped up and started talking about "What if you stepped on a puddle and you just fell right through it?"

So, I was thinking maybe a fantasy along those lines. Nothing too heavy; I want it to be something that parents can read to their children on a night-time, but you know what I mean.

Not sure how it could go, but I'm thinking it will be an underwater world, but I don't want it to seem to Bedknobs and Broomsticks. There needs to be some sort of dilemma, and I was thinking of doing something along the lines of the puddle is drying up because of the sun. This would also make it easier for the story to be shorter.

I have a vision [didn't that sound posh ;)] of like.. Water droplets falling into the puddle and then these turn into people who live in this magical little world. That's about as far as I have got with the whole inhabitants of the world, or dimension.

Do you think this would be a good idea to continue with?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It sounds great - very original. I'd definitely continue with it, if I were you!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:24 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Thanks a lot Cpt. Smurf.

Now I just need to get names of races and stuff together, which I'll put together on here, with the help of you guys maybe. Some ideas would be helpful and maybe a little research too. First of all; the title?

I was thinking something simple, but not so simple as "The Puddle." I was to give the world inside the puddle a fancy name, which will probably be the title. I kind of like the diea of word play; Dewdrop Valley, perhaps, or maybe even Puddle Valley?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara