z

Young Writers Society

Too much... writing?

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:15 am
View Likes
Chinadoll says...

I must be losing my mind... I have five stories I'm working on. Not to mention the other four ideas I've just put into notes. Now what would make me start writing something new? I seriously wrote almost twenty pages in a little over 1 hour. I guess it keeps things fresh. But this one I've just started is going to be really long, I can tell. The last time I did something like this I wrote 183 pages!! :?

I'd like to meet other flighty writers like myself... :P
What discontent silence gathers...

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:07 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Hey Chinadoll,

Flighty? Oy, I know I have more than five things, and dozen buried in drawers or in the back of the computer's memory. #_#'' If I finish one, at least and eventually, I'll be content.

But ten pages? You've got to post some. ^_^ What sort of thing do you like writing? Fantasy? Not?

Anyhow, on the subject of flightiness, you're in good company. I know more than myself - around here - have dozens of projects in the works. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 pm
View Likes
snap says...

I'm currently working on two different novels as well as several short stories. I think the novels are the most overwhelming, believe it or not. I always have those scenes looming over me that are either really hard to write, or I've been putting them off because they're too emotional, I have to kill someone off, etc. I think I do short stories as a break from the novels.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:52 pm
Meep says...

Twenty pages in an hour, how fast do you type? I usually average three pages/hour when I type fast. I mean, holy sh*t. (I average 80 words/minute.)

You can never have too many ideas. Just write them down, and if you don't feel like working on them, just jot them down. I wish I had that many ideas.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:33 am
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Yo words: Welcome. To. The. Club.

I have...google ideas, some on paper, some on the computers, others in daydream form, still others I've told by word of mouth.

I have san long stories I'm working on; Geezer's Property (the best of the three), Bubble Picture (a masterpiece in the making; very rough, though) and The Woman of Clouds (coming soon to YWS near you ;) ).
I have three daydream stories I progress on randomly, and that doesn't even take into account all the flash fics I've done.

We with imagination suffer ;)
Welcome to the club, sister!
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:06 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

**raises hand** Me tooo!

Lets see. I have about 2000 story ideas stored in a million different places. I currently have 1 novel I'm getting serious about (not that I actually know how to), 2 stories I'm playing with, another story for recreation, and about 10 ideas a day LOL. Oddly, many of my ideas have been hovering around for years, and slowly solidifying into plots and then novel plans and then actual text...

No matter how little I actually write, I'm constantly thinking up stories. I dont know whether this is a good thing, LOL...
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:45 am
Goldenheart says...

Eh! I too drown in stories. I've been writing and leaving off on stories for years! Finished only one, in my entire existence! 'Flighty' is a good way to put it! I've got a typewriter, so my papers are like the sands on the seashore!

I envy your ability to type so much, and so quickly! When ideas come a mile a minute, it's much easier when they travel right from brain to screen, with no pause between.

180 pages! LUCKY! My novel is only 160. How DO you do it? :D
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:04 pm
View Likes
Nyconz421 says...

As of this moment I am writing 5 "novels" or what I hope to be novels. I am writing 1 short story, and I am trying to get as much poetry as I can in. I feel as though there is too much to be and that I cant get to know my characters as much as I wish I could. I have finished one novel but am afraid to post it due to the fact that I have no self-confidence.

Now when you say 180 pages...do you mean computer pages or notebook pages?

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela