z

Young Writers Society

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:05 pm
Nate says...

For me, if I could live anywhere, I'd move to Cairns, Australia. Stayed in that area for a month once and loved it.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:13 pm
Bjorn says...

Ahh... in the mountains bordering Southern Bosnia (Hercegovina) and Croatia. There was this one place in particular we passed while in the mountains on our way to the sea that caught my heart: a dale with a clean, clear lake in the middle, surrounded by pines. In fact, it seems to be a near perfect equivalent of the valley in "The Woman of the Wood" by A.Merritt. It was quiet, clean and yet the sea and civilization is a few kilometres to the west. If I could live there, I would!
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

Reviews: 1
Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:16 pm
Harmony'sSake says...

I would move to Nevada, because I want to be near wild horses since I am going to college for equine therapy and I write about mustangs. Its so beautiful there!
"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends as we would have for you!" Sirius Black

You know you are obsessed when you know enough quotes that you could use a new one everyday for almost a year!

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:23 pm
Niamh says...

This should be obvious: Ireland. I would move there in a heart beat if my family would come as well. Anywhere in the west of Ireland is okay with me, but Tipperary would be my first choice, because my clan originates from there.
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:56 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Planet of the Apes!

Somewhere in Spain, probably Cadiz or Sevilla.

Or maybe Australia or Tokyo, though I'd have to learn Japanese.
Last edited by electricbluemonkey on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:04 pm
Sureal says...

Um, I have a list :P.

(in no particular order):
America,
Japan,
Africa,
Or Australia.
I wrote the above just for you.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:26 pm
Gazza_14 says...

The Lost City of Atlantis...failing that, Australia. Or New Zealand
Stop. Look. Jive!

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:47 pm
Dream Deep says...

Bjorn wrote:Ahh... in the mountains bordering Southern Bosnia (Hercegovina) and Croatia. There was this one place in particular we passed while in the mountains on our way to the sea that caught my heart: a dale with a clean, clear lake in the middle, surrounded by pines. In fact, it seems to be a near perfect equivalent of the valley in "The Woman of the Wood" by A.Merritt. It was quiet, clean and yet the sea and civilization is a few kilometres to the west. If I could live there, I would!

Lol, I'm moving in with Bjorn. ^_~

Or I'd live in Sarajevo... I heard it's beautiful. Or... well, it was, before it got plunged into civil war, Croats and Serbs and what not... :? Or so Dad tells me.

Slavs Arise! ^_^

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:10 am
deleted6 says...

It obvious about mines America MN St Pauls. Of course i love to live in Belguim or Dumfries.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:37 pm
Loranys Gellantara says...

I'd have to say I would love to live in Texas or Beijing.
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:02 am
yoha_ahoy says...

Somewhere in the UK, where I am now, or Canada. ^_^
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:17 am
Fishr says...

No where. ;)

There is a no greater, nor a more serine state than my native home - Vermont. I have absolutely no desire to move away, ever. I will spend the rest of my days here, that's for sure. :D

If by some chance I'm forced to move, I'd consider Colorado.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:34 am
Wiggy says...

St. Louis, where I live, is where I want to be. But if I had to move either:

Colorado
Russia
Ireland
Hawaii
England
and lots of other places.

But I'm pretty good in STL right now. ^_^
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:35 am
bubblewrapped says...

I dont really mind, I suppose. I'm happy wherever I go so long as I have my books and my internet connection...One place I'd love to have a house though is Doubtless Bay, way up north...a more beautiful place you'll never find. We went there on holiday last year, and I fell in love with it. I got up early one morning to take Ellie (my dog) for a walk and the colours...the peace...We were staying at a hotel near the water, and ...it was magnificent. There's nothing THERE really, so I wouldnt want to live there always, but I'd love to have a house there and visit occasionally, when I needed a break. You know how some places you can just *feel* the peace in the air, like a cushion? It was like that...**daydreamsigh**
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:55 am
sabradan says...

Jerusalem, Israel
Eilat, Israel
Kibbutz Ketura, Israel
(In no particular Order)

or, if I am forced to live in the US:

Chicago
or some college town, in no particular order:
Madison
Champaign-Urbana
Bloomington
Gainsville
Tempe
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae