z

Young Writers Society

The Writing Quiz

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:50 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Ok, just for a little fun, I found this quiz for writing on a site (one I've given the link to many times before)

http://hollylisle.com/fm/Articles/feature11.html

Anyway, just for fun, what sort of scores do peple get?
(I need to count up mine now)
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:10 pm
Skye says...

65 points: If you can write, you're there.

Cool. 8)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:03 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I did that one when you first posted the link to her site. :D I got 85 or something like that.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:04 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

I got 44. Which fell in the 30 - 49 range, which gave me;

There's hope; you suspect some of the darker truths about the profession, and have an idea of what some of the rewards are. If you really want to do this, you'll face some disillusionment, but also stand a good chance of finding the real joys of the profession.

I think not having finished reading a book in a while and being able to stop not just mid-sentence, but mid-word when writing are what killed me. XP
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:26 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

i got a 90. lol, i guess i am a bit impossible when i start writing. I yell if i'm interpeted. And i hate not finishing a book as soon as i get it.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:44 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

I got an 83, lol.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:53 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

Lol! I got 81..

80 - 103 points -- You'll probably make a great writer. You should think very carefully before getting married, having children, or buying a pet, however. Walking into your livingroom and discovering the dust-covered skeleton that was your cat -- or your spouse -- can be really bad for morale.

:lol::D

It's the oddest place I've ever written that pushed it over the edge. :P
Love and Light

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:08 am
View Likes
Perra says...

Man, you guys are making me feel low with all your high scores.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:15 am
View Likes
Sam says...

I can't really say anything because I did that test awhile ago. Now I'm uninspired...stuck so deep in writer's block it's scary. Which is bad, considering I have two novels underway. :cry:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:18 am
nickelpickle says...

I got an 86
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:39 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

I did this a while ago but redid it just now and got 81. Cant remember my previous score. The only reason it was so low was because I was scared to quit my 'day job'...or would be, if I had one... :shock: lol
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:52 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

I can't take it... I'm too good for it.
jk :D But I can't take it, as I figuired out the system as I was taking it. My view on the point system dragged me down a bunch. I was getting a feeling that the Ds were the most points as they were the most extreme of writing situations. I can't take a true quiz if I can't focus on what's really true about me. If that makes sense. Tute!

-Z

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:12 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

i got a 48.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:17 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Z- that makes perfect sense. I noticed it really quickly, too, but i tool it anyway. *shruggs*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:31 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I noticed too, but retained the hope some might not all be D's, so took it anyway. I got high 80's. But that was I while ago, and I didn't want to post it before, because... I don't know it's just embarressing to get high scores sometimes.

He he! I rated "You don't want to know" for the weirdest place you've ever written, this is due to me having written: In my hammock, in my bed, on the toilet (gross, but true) in the garden, in my old spider infested cubby, in home class, in maths, in science, while I'm supposed to be watching a movie... etc. Heheheh!

Oh come on Z! You don't do ANY of these things! Just try it, no one will laugh if you fail it or anything!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf