Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Lounge, The

Connecting to HDMI...without HDMI

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:29 pm
View Likes
ShadowKnight155 says...

Just as the title says, I want to connect a computer to an HDMI TV. Anybody know a good way to do this? We just got a TV, but the weird part is it does not have a DVI or VGA port, just three HDMIs and a USB or two. The problem is my laptop does not have HDMI. It has an esata(doubt that's useful here), a USB, a VGA and a microphone and headphone port. Is it possible that the VGA can double as DVI or something?

So, to clarify, I need to connect to HDMI using some kind of converter, and from my knowledge a VGA to HDMI is ussually 50+ dollars(to convert analog to digital), and I only want to spend no more than about 20. So anyone know a good way to go about this?
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle