z

Young Writers Society

YWS Secret Santa

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am
Lava says...

Santa C has a busy season ahead. And he's asked a couple of green li'l elves to help him out.

Yup, folks! Secret Santa's back.

Who?What?When?Where?Why?

Simply, m'dear lovelies, the whole point of secret santa gift exchange is to send a poem, a story or a piece of art or any totally creative idea to a randomly paired YWSer! What better than this to usher in the holiday spirit, eh? (Besides being besieged by an Invasion.)

All you have to do is:

-Post below with the following info:
Code: Select all
[b]1.Favourite colours:[/b]
[b]2.Favourite activities:[/b]
[b]3.Randomosity is the best policy :[/b] Anything goes here

-Last date to post/submit your name is December 10th, 2011.

-You will receive the name you have to send the gift to by December 15th 2011. (You can pesterPM me or Mira if you haven't received it by then)

-If you can't send the gift on Christmas day, feel free to leave it with a tag 'Do not open until Christmas'.

-If you have any questions, post 'em here!

And no worries if you don't celebrate Christmas! I don't! It's just a time to have fun and bring a smile to those around you. ^___^

ImageImageImage

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or Mira, who's agreed to help me out. Whee!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 am
View Likes
Lava says...

And I'll begin!

1.Favourite colours: Red, Orange, Yellow, And SHINY! (It totes is a colour. >.>)

2.Favourite activities: Now besides the obvious, I like to walk at the beach, try different cuisines, sing like no one's listening to me and run a little.

3.Randomosity is the best policy : Woah! Crazy is fun! Surprise me dear secret Santa friend!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

1.Favourite colours: Blue and Silver, yo.
2.Favourite activities: Music and midnight drives, yo.
3.Randomosity is the best policy : I'm a smooth operator, yo.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

SECRET SANTAS. <3

1.Favourite colours: Yellow, Silver, Deep purple and royal blue.

2.Favourite activities: Writing, Daydreaming, World-building, plotting ways to spill love to random people (not in a romantic way, of course), and scheming on how I'm going to change the lives of the kids in my country (Canada). I also like reading Jon Foreman's (not to be confused with George Foreman) blogs and different bios of William Tyndale, because they're my heroes-- oh yes. I also tend to obsess over Switchfoot music.

3.Randomosity is the best policy : I LOVE SURPISES. So surprise me! (and if you know them, my charries are quite obviously my life)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

1.Favourite colours: Raaaaaaaainbow! 8D
2.Favourite activities: FFFFFFFF. I like smiling, laughing, giggling, chuckling -- omg, smirking is amazing fun, too. Also, um. Musicness, writerly things -- omg, I loff making characters lykwoah -- drawing, crafting, gaming, aflkdsafjklas;fd lots of things. Mostly laughing! I loff laughing.
3.Randomosity is the best policy : I could've sworn I've seen this phrase somewhere before... ;)
I make my own policies.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

1.Favourite colours: Green with purple polka-dots. And, like, really dark blues.
2.Favourite activities: Food ... is totally an activity. I can't cook, but I like to eat anything. Also, travelling and languages (omg, I love those). And, like, writing by hand because it's so pretty in ink. Writingwritingwritingsomereadingandmorewriting. I also *coughsherecomesaconfession* ADORE Monster World. It's the most awesome game andandandand yeah. I kind of like school, too, but that tends to come and go.
3.Randomosity is the best policy : I have this thing with Comma Splices.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:38 am
SmylinG says...

1.Favourite colours: Red and midnight blue.
2.Favourite activities: Eating candy, going to the beach, taking pictures, skateboarding, sketching, hand drumming, squeezing big, fat, fluffy kittehs. :3
3.Randomosity is the best policy : I like sparkly things, like Edward Cullen. I like ALL the things! Surprise me secret Santa buddy!
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 am
shloka19 says...

1.Favourite colours: Bluee--midnight and teal :D
2.Favourite activities: Reading, reading, and more reading. I'd prefer books over movies any day ;) Lovee to read dystopian. Love to read poetry too... oooh golf and music! Can't live without those either.
3.Randomosity is the best policy : Dubai Creek (Golf club) is my favorite place on planet Earth.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

1.Favourite colours: The primary colours (blue, red, and yellow) and green

2.Favourite activities: reading, jewellery making, chilling, eating, singing, getting mail

3.Randomosity is the best policy : I love polka dots and the Lion King.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:46 am
View Likes
Audy says...

1.Favourite colours: Reddest of reds
2.Favourite activities: Anything creative is pretty much a given, theatre, films...ughhh coffee. Yeah. That's totally an activity.
3.Randomosity is the best policy : Seriously, I love coffee. Peppermint flavour anyone?

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 am
View Likes
murtuza says...

1.Favourite colours: Black, red, blue, gold aaaaand a bit of green too :3
2.Favourite activities: I love writing and going for long drives to the beach and watching movies, spending time with friends, music and the arts!
3.Randomosity is the best policy : My delightful Santa buddy should totes surprise me! xD And I agree with Jabs. This phrase does sound really familiar!
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:59 am
TheRose says...

1.Favorite colors: REDREDREDRED. (red, red wiiiiine, goes to my heaaaaad...)
2.Favorite activities: Except from reading and writing, I couldn't possibly live without music, long walks, travelling around, photography and well watching movies.
3.Randomosity is the best policy: "And God does not care for your benevolence anymore than he cares for the lack of it in others."
there's a feeling I get when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:14 am
LemonyIce says...

Favourite colours: Sky blue, sky blue and more SKY BLUE!!
Favourite activities: Daydreaming, eating (8D), jumping, talking, roaming around, getting lost, being weird and random, cooking, reading, drawing... Yup. That's it.
Randomosity is the best policy: KITTY. :3 I like kitties. Fluffy, cute kitties. Black ones, with little white patches on them. Big, round kitties. Huggable kitties. Adorable kitties. KITTIES. <3
Last edited by LemonyIce on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 am
RomanceWriter says...

1. Pink, blue, or Red
2. music, writing, reanactments, etc
3. My favorite show is Supernatural. My favorite musical is Les Miserables. My favorite band is the Jonas Brothers.
-Romancewriter

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 pm
Twit says...

So you randomly send a random someone a random creative something? And... then what?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro