z

Young Writers Society

Orientation Programs in School

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:58 pm
niteowl says...

Wow. Here in my little corner of Suburbia, we have nothing like that. Maybe because there's over 5000 kids in three different schools on one campus so you really can't tell who the freshmen are. Unless you're in a core class.

*thinks a moment* Actually, we probably do have something like that at our school, but the place is so big that it can't affect everyone.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:26 pm
Chevy says...

Well, being homeschooled, of course, we have absolutely none of that. However when I attended public school for the short amount of time that I did, we had an orientation where the principal basically just stood up and lied to us. Telling us all these things we could do, and half of the freshmen class, including myself got in trouble for stuff the principal said we could do. But the only thing we did was meet our homeroom teachers, and some people got their bus schedules. However, our orientation was useless. All they did was gab to our parents and try to make the school seem like it was something that it wasn't. Not to mention it was the second worse school in the state of Georgia at the time.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:42 pm
Willow says...

Finally! i'm a fully-fledged highschool student, free from the every day termoil senior put innocent little troffels through. Yay!!! \:D/
I've also finally noticed how cute the guys are in high school :oops:
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind