Young Writers Society

High Crimes and Misdemeanors

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:31 pm
View Likes
Incandescence says...

Take a look at this.

The federal government wants to change its current rules to permit convicted arsonists to get special licenses so they can drive gasoline tankers and trucks loaded with explosives and hazardous materials.

But murderers and convicted racketeers will no longer be permitted to drive hazardous materials on the nation's interstates.

"Arson is not always an act of terrorism," the Transportation Security Administration declared in proposing the new regulations that would permit the agency to review on a case-by-case basis whether convicted arsonists should get the special licenses allowing them to drive gasoline trucks, or other vehicles carrying hazardous materials.

Under the Patriot Act, the TSA - a branch of the new Department of Homeland Security - was directed to issue special federal certifications to the commercial licenses held by truck drivers who haul hazardous chemicals, gasoline tankers and explosives.

The government plans to begin issuing the new licenses Jan. 31. it estimates it will receive more than 2 million applications for the certifications.

Disgusting. We have men and women who AREN'T convicted of burning people and things, but no, we let the arsonists drive our gas tankers and other tankers filled to the rim with nuclear chemicals and the like.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:31 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Oh, my, gosh! ](*,) That's like, I don't know, handing a pacifier to a baby and expecting him not to suck on it! Bad analogy, I know, but you should get the idea. Gosh, sometimes I just can't believe how idiotic our government(and sometimes others) acts. :roll: Again, ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:02 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

*clue phone rings* Oh, sorry, it's for the government. Wrong number.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:03 am
View Likes
Brian says...

Just another reason for the revolution.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl