z

Young Writers Society

Losing severely in the Smooth-osity department

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:25 am
Misty says...

I am, as they say, about as subtle as a flying brick. And people who wear their hearts as the main accessory tend to get them broken more easily. So how about an I-Hate-Guys thread?

No, actually I love guys, as I am not, contrary to popular belief, a lesbian. But I am still quite busy being broken.

Also---Why do girls have to look like Barbie dolls? WHO EVEN LOOKS LIKE THAT? NO ONE LOOKS LIKE THAT!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:35 am
Bobo says...

Guys suck. But then, girls screw around with guys just as much, if not more.

So really, we're all in the same boat. I just don't understand when girls are attracted to complete jerks, or when guys are huge jerks. Idiots all.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:10 am
BlueStone says...

'Owww you do'n Misty Lynn? *raises eyebrows repeatedly*

Guys can suck, so can the women. I know, that sounds awesome! Nevertheless. It's life on the dance floor; guys don't want to get caught off stage and the ladies don't want to get nailed down by some jerk. It's a cycle that revolves around me, so roll with me if you want the center of stage. *brushes off shoulders* Was' up?! But seriously. I trust just about everyone... Sometimes things don't go as planned, sometimes it does. It's a matter of keeping my window open just so I don't loose an opportunity to enjoy life even further. Also, you are being too bold by classifying guys as ill-hearted to break hearts so... normally and casually. Not every guy out there is looking to mess you up, and say they did it.

Blondes are hot, don't mess with 'em. And I'm pretty sure there is a topic around here discussing the appropriate-ness of media's projection of how women should look. I mean, if you want to go all natural, that's fine. I'm sure there is a matching person out there for you that shares your beliefs. But by narrowing down the female body you can actually SEE the curves that physically determine what body characteristics a woman has. The hips. The breasts. The narrow waistline. The legs. The butt. Really simply, it is the hourglass that differentiates a male and female body structure. The easiest way, or more visually noticeable, is by creating a female body thinner that allows you to see that ass or that slim C = pie r squared look. By highlighting these female features you get more action, so says the media. And essentially it is true. More action in the eyes of the media standards. I think girls AND guys are lazy, so they complain about this media crap. Get off the damn computer and actually go exercise. Not only is it more healthy, but it makes you that much closer to your goal being 'good-looking'.

BS
away

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:46 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I just don't understand when girls are attracted to complete jerks, or when guys are huge jerks. Idiots all.

Me neither.

Let's just face it...Everyone can be a stupid jerk sometimes. And to hell with the media! I don't want a Barbie Doll for a wife! Also, the inside of a Barbie Doll is made of the same material as the outside. Now if that doesn't have intense metaphorical meaning, someone slap me with a fresh trout.

I'm gonna go ahead and leave this thread, as I really have no idea what's going on...

493 Reviews

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 pm
Misty says...

Get off the damn computer and actually go exercise. Not only is it more healthy, but it makes you that much closer to your goal being 'good-looking'.

Hey Blue, for the record, my measurements are 34, 27, 36. I jog four times a week and I go to the gym. My point with the "Barbie" reference was simply referring to the fact that Barbie is, according to media standards, the perfect woman. So I have brown hair and not blonde? So I'm pale-ish and not tan? Why should some distant media be projecting a message of inferiority among women? I mean there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with being, say, 32, 30, 38. I have anorexic and bulimic friends who are tripping out because of media standards that they can't live up to.

Also, you are being too bold by classifying guys as ill-hearted to break hearts so... normally and casually.

where in my post did I do that?

Blondes are hot, don't mess with 'em.

you see? There you go, playing into the stereotype. Some blondes are hot. Some aren't.

I mean, if you want to go all natural, that's fine. I'm sure there is a matching person out there for you that shares your beliefs.

Where did I say I wanted to go all natural? That's ridiculous! I don't know ANY girl who goes all natural.

Last thing

'Owww you do'n Misty Lynn? *raises eyebrows repeatedly*

That was not only inappropriate, but playing into the stereotype that guys can be jerk-offs. Thanks for proving my point.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm
Chanson says...

been reading much georgia nicolson lately?!
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

493 Reviews

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:38 pm
Misty says...

hhahaah. I think we all read georgia. :P

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:32 am
Crysi says...

All right you two, break it up. Misty, I think you're taking BS's comments too personally. There's a lot of truth in what he says. You just have to dig past the flowers.

Still, keep it clean BS. You know the rules better than most.
Love and Light

493 Reviews

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:17 pm
Misty says...

:) not trying to start (or finish) anything. Although I did feel like he made a few personal attacks. :P

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:39 pm
Zion says...

I love subjects like these....10 bux says that Misty recently had troubles with a guy so hey I'll label all the guys as jerks. ANd let me guess he erm....dumped you becuase of a blondie? Sweethear dont get too personal I just want to make sure thats all.

So, yes, guys can be jerks. Most of the time we think about is sex. And everything else has some sort of a connection with our unbriddled passions. That uncontroled lust labels us as pigs/jerks/idiots/you name it.

Media: Who cares about the media?! PEOPLE! THE MEDIA KILLS INDIVIDUALITY! Look around you! Every girl looks like the girl you saw 2 minutes ago! Same goes with guys! If the media tells me that eating rocks is good for my health, am I supposed to eat ti? Its my body, my mind and my spirit. To hell with the media, I'll do what makes ME feel good, not the people around me. In my opinion, artifical blonds suck. Big time. EVERYONE wants to be blond. In 5 years EVERYONE will want to be red.

The Media = brainwashing

And yes, BS was right about the fact that both guys and girls are lazy. And admit it or not, it makes them jelous cause of the phisical attraction of the so-called perfect guy/girl. I had problem with weight. I started doing exercise and I feel great!

There is no good and bad way out of it. Theres an easy way out and the RIGHT way out.

Thank you.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:01 pm
sabradan says...

Misty, if it makes you feel any better: I have a similar problem with women. Also, I don't like blondes. At all.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:13 pm
Areida says...

Yeah, Misty, don't sweat it. We brunettes are total babes.

*tosses hair over shoulder*

:P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Brunettes are way hotter than blondes.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:34 pm
Zion says...

ye...same here...natural blonds are hot. artifical? def not. right now im into chicks with looooooong str8 jet black hair =3
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

493 Reviews

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:55 pm
Misty says...

:P not sweating it. Brunettes are far more fabulous.

I didn't want to slow time, I just wanted to make a little rock.
— MomoMajesty's brother