z

Young Writers Society

We Shall Pen [Now with Guide Track!]

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 am
View Likes
Kale says...

Today, I was inspired to gather up the menfolk of YWS for a rousing chorus "I'll Make a Man Out of You". But then, an even better inspiration hit: what if I modified the iconic song to be YWS-specific? That way, we could include both the men- and the womenfolk!

And the inspiration was awesome. And the inspiration became reality. With the aid of Idraax, Jabber, and Tenyo, the lyrics were modified and made YWS-perfect. They, as well as a link to the Pad, are included underneath the spoiler:

Spoiler! :
We Shall Pen (YWS Style)

Let's get down to business: to defeat the Puns.
Wait. Are you all artists? I asked for word guns.
You're the saddest bunch I've ever met,
but you can bet, before we're through,
somehow I'll make you pen words so true.

Lucid on the outside, but so wild within
You, my foolish artists, have so much to win.
Though your art cannot defeat the Puns,
we can teach you one that's new,
and you'll all learn to pen words so true.

I'm never going to feel my hand.

Say goodbye to all my movies.

Why did I show my mom my poetry?

I wish I could write like him.

I really think that puns are groovy...

Now I really wish I had some more coffee!

(We shall Pen!)
We must be able to murder bunnies.
(We shall Pen!)
With all the ink in our ballpoint pens.
(We shall pen!)
With all the force of a raving writer
who writes fifty-thousand words now and again.

Time is racing towards us 'til the Puns arrive.
Fill your words with power, and you might survive.
You're unsuited for the words of war,
so pack up, log off, you're through.
how could I make you pen words so true?

(We shall Pen!)
We must defeat our procrastination.
(We shall Pen!)
We must strengthen our work's appeal.
(We shall Pen!)
We'll thwart the censure of raging critics,
while beating the Puns into a pulp with zeal!

(We shall Pen!)
We must be able to murder bunnies.
(We shall Pen!)
With all the ink in our ballpoint pens.
(We shall pen!)
With all the force of a raving writer
who writes fifty-thousand words now and again.

Awesome, as you can see. But soon to become awesomer for I plan to mix a rousing chorus of YWSers singing this rendition. Yes, you heard that right. I want you all (and me of course) to sing this.

Even awesomer, my sister, Celdover, will be animating for this project. Details on this part will be posted some time in the future, soon (she swears; this is too awesome to neglect).

Details can be found here. This part, it appears, is a casualty of time.

So, all you need to do is record yourself singing the above version. For this purposes, I have hunted through the tangled interwebs infested by the much abhorred web crawlers that have always creeped me out with their ever-watching, soulless eyes, stretching my Google-fu to its very limits in order to provide you all with an official karaoke of I'll Make a Man Out of You.

Yes. It does exist. And I found a copy of it.

And here is a guide track.

So what're you all waiting for? Get singing! :D

(Just don't forget to sing the chorus accompaniment part too. On a separate track/recording. We do have to drown those men out. :P)
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 am
View Likes
Gladius says...

YES. HECK YES. *is in*

Even awesomer, my sister, Celdover, will be animating for this project. Details on this part will be posted some time in the future, soon (she swears; this is too awesome to neglect).

Rosey didn't believe me when I said this should be done. :lol: GO CELD!! :smt003
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:31 pm
View Likes
Destiny110 says...

WE ARE DOING THIS! EVEN IF I HAVE TO PEN ALL OF YOU WRITERS TO DO IT! i'm sorry this just looks cool, it's like we're making a theme song for YWS!
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:08 pm
View Likes
Jenthura says...

Wow! It's even more than awesome! I remember liking that song a lot when I saw the movie, but it's even better this way!
Oh, and sorry, I can't sing a note, so I'm not in. Unless you can pitch-shift me to perfection. ><
-ж-Ж-ж-

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Boo, I thought it was just for teh doods. This will highlight the fact that relatively few males are here in a negative light.

It's not like we males can sing anyway. :? Put us up against a legion of women? HA!

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

I didn't even get down to the bottom with the link to the music before I was like "omigfreakingeez, I am recording this right nao...".

I love what happens when YWSers get crazy ideas in their heads and insist upon making them a reality.

EDIT:A few questions, now that my initial champing at the bit has died down just a tad (thought seriously, I am so excited for this I am bouncing up and down in my chair a little):

1) Should the recording be without the music? I mean, you can always listen to the music through earphones and sing into your mic. Because methinks it might be difficult with all those music tracks to mix, but I know nothing about mixing.

2) Is there any way we could get a guide track? Listening to the song right now and reading the lyrics, I'm not sure where to put some of the syllables and while I could get them to fit on my own, I'm pretty sure you want this to be as uniform as possible, so where exactly do those syllables go?

3) Do we e-mail or PM the tracks?

Gah! So super-crazy excited! Must stop or keyboard mashing will ensueeataehtafghshvhagha!!!!
Last edited by GryphonFledgling on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Gladius wrote:YES. HECK YES. *is in*

Rosey didn't believe me when I said this should be done. :lol: GO CELD!! :smt003

Correction. I didn't believe it should be done the way you were proposing. :P

Maybe in. We'll see about time/recording skills/uploading fun.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

it so totally in. Not even funny.... I is doing this!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1220 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Excellent questions, Gryph!

1) Should the recording be without the music? I mean, you can always listen to the music through earphones and sing into your mic. Because methinks it might be difficult with all those music tracks to mix, but I know nothing about mixing.

Voice-only track would be preferred since that would make mixing easier.

2) Is there any way we could get a guide track? Listening to the song right now and reading the lyrics, I'm not sure where to put some of the syllables and while I could get them to fit on my own, I'm pretty sure you want this to be as uniform as possible, so where exactly do those syllables go?

I'm working on one at the moment. :D

3) Do we e-mail or PM the tracks?

Any way is fine, though PM would be easier to keep track of (and lacks overzealous spam filters). Even better would be if you posted a link to some place you've uploaded the audio in this thread.
WRFF | KotGR

62 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:18 pm
Destiny110 says...

I;m serious as soon as this is done, it should be played as background music on the main page, as soon as you enter the site BAM you have a thousand (metaphorical) voice chorus of the new YWS theme! seriously could someone suggest that to the admins?
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

62 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm
Destiny110 says...

just one quick question, will it be a problem is i use my speakers and the music is heard in the background? cause i made the ONLY good version of it FINALLY and it came out with the music being heard from the speakers, if it's a problem i'll just re-do it!

1220 Reviews

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 am
Kale says...

Send it to me, and I'll see. I may be able to clean up the music.
WRFF | KotGR

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Bam!

A track of my brother and me singing together.
A track of me alone.
A track of my brother and I for the chorus.

More than willing to fix anything that needs fixing, so let me know if anything doesn't work or is wonky.

*still super crazy excited*
Last edited by GryphonFledgling on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:00 am
WritersUnleashed says...

im down with it. itll be up soon

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:48 am
ScarletteRose says...

Zomg. Yes. In. Yes again.
Everyone's favorite life coach.
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

My blog: http://empressofsnark.blogspot.com/

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres