z

Young Writers Society

Can one word explain it all?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:47 am
Ray112 says...

everytime I find myself taken over by some powerful emotion I find myself staring at a blank page for hours searching for one word that can explain it all. One word that can sum the entirety of what i'm feeling then and there. My question is do any of you ever find yourself doing the same? Or have you each found your own one word that sums the meaning for everything for you?
"Insert life changing statement"

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm
Alec Laine says...

I know exactly what you mean. For me, the word is usually "confusion" or "emptiness". Depending on the situation, and what feeling I'm taken over by, it might change.
"SHAMAN" is a action/adventure fiction novel I'm writing, following the adventures of Marcus Lee. Marcus finds a book with a peculiar symbol engraved on the cover. As Marcus digs deeper into the mysteries of the book, he learns about controlled reincarnation.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 pm
lilymoore says...

The one word that I usually find myself trapped/stumped on is ‘heartache.’ Maybe it’s because in itself, heartache has such a powerful connotation and so many people can relate in one way or another. And I think that as a writer when I’m trying to capture that feeling, it’s hard because I feel like if I can’t get it just right, people who have felt heartache will know better what I should have written.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin