z

Young Writers Society

Are women better writers than men?

Who do you think will be a better writer? A man or a woman?

Man
10%
Woman
13%
Both are the same
37%
Who knows?
40%

Total votes : 30

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm
Master_Yoda says...

KikiSaysRAWR! wrote:Naturally, I think woman are better 'story tellers,' not nessisarily writers. If you were to ask a woman how her day was, she would reply in a similar way to this:

"I went to the store to go buy a new pair a shoes after my old ones got shredded after I fell down a concrete staircase, met up with my friend Jenny, who I haven't seen in over three months. Did you hear she's broken up with Jared Mosley now? Afterwards I came back home to catch up on my favorite show, True Blood." See? Full of details.

Normally, if asked the same question a man would simply answer: "I went to the store, met up with a friend, and then came back home to watch tv." Though, if a man were to set his mind on writing something good, the differences between his work and of a woman's wouldn't be much different.

Well Kiki, based on your assumptions, it would appear that women also have an affinity for telling boring stories. :P No, I think that men and women merely share different interests, and a man will describe a ride in a car in far greater detail than a woman would. Under such circumstances would you say that makes man a greater story teller?

I think what it boils down to is what the interest and background of the story teller is that defines how he or she will tell a story.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:50 am
Boni_Bee says...

I never like it when someone says question like 'are guys or girls better at' - because we all have different strengths and weaknesses. Women do write more emotionally, as it relates better to how they feel. Guys write about action and adventure because that is what they enjoy. However both can write about those things to various levels. It has nothing to do with which gender is 'better' at something.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:43 am
Meep(: says...

I agree with Boni_Bee.
Such topics are really silly.
Our abilities are not limited by our gender.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:17 am
Black Rabbit says...

When you read a story, do you care about who the heck wrote the piece? NO. When you buy a novel, unless its a total bestseller everyone knows about, do you even care to look at the name of the author? NO. At least, I don't. I just want to get to the story and see if its good. And when I finish it, and I have nothing better to do, I skim the author's biography and search about their stuff on the net if I liked their novel, regardless of gender.

Writers are not racists, lovvie. Society doesn't care about your gender when you write. All they care about is your talent and your story. When it comes to hard work, who gives a damn about gender, anyway? It's the skill that counts. Let talent do the talking. It does not depend on gender. It depends on something else entirely. You know a little thing we call "personality"? That's exactly the point. :P

We all have our own pros and cons. It's unfair to compare. Hey, that rhymed! :D

Toodles.

KL
["Don’t be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir]
Rabbit Syndrome - Get your FREE reviews here!
LINK:
forum188.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 am
RainWanderer says...

I see. I guess after all, being a good writer or not does not depends on who you are or what gender you are. It just depends on the "writer's heart" inside you, the ability to touch others' hearts with your words...Now I feel silly starting this thread. :?

But hey! Why does man only get 1 vote? :shock:

>Black rabbit
I always thought that "personality" is something big...I didn't know that it is "a little thing".
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 am
Lil_Pau says...

Boni_Bee wrote:I never like it when someone says question like 'are guys or girls better at' - because we all have different strengths and weaknesses.

I agree. I mean - come on, people, this is the modern world. Who cares about gender? As long as you can write. :)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:00 pm
Black Rabbit says...

>Black rabbit
I always thought that "personality" is something big...I didn't know that it is "a little thing".

I was being sarcastic. :P
["Don’t be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir]
Rabbit Syndrome - Get your FREE reviews here!
LINK:
forum188.html

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:55 pm
PurpleInk says...

I personally believe that when it comes to writing that men and women are the same

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14