z

Young Writers Society

A simple request, all, please listen.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:59 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I have a simple request, and I know it's not a lot to ask.

There's a lot going on in the world right now. A suprime court opening, and a chief justice nomination. A war in Iraq, plus as many as four wars developing with the united states in different countries. Google has WiFi service now, competing with the worlds largest technology companies. Did you know that some british solders were arrested for opening fire on civil servicmen in Iraq? Id never heard of that Nazi hunter until today, what was his name? He deserved at least a notice on CNN.

Please, and as I've said, this is a simple request-
Can we have some NEWS on the television please? PLEASE? Thats all I ask.

Thank you.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:20 am
sabradan says...

I cant believe I'm saying this but,
I AGREE WITH QI!

AAAAAAAARRRGH! Now I must go wash myself to cleanse the icky feeling from my skin.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:30 am
Incandescence says...

Why do you watch TV if it is totally devoid of "news"?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:37 am
Micah says...

Yes. Why exactly? And why do you want news when you already know whats happening?
The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that.
Harper Lee
My sites:
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/
http://www.cafechrist.com/

67 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:29 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I want a little more information than i can find in one article online. I like to deversify my news sources, which allows me to get a better concept of what is actually happening.

I dont watch news on TV, not right now anyway, i will occasionally flip to different news stations in the hopes that they're reporting on something I care about, but they haven't done that since Ive been to school.

I dont watch local news because local news doesn't give you the full story on world events, plus, they give me local crap i dont care about.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:32 pm
Rei says...

Why not do something really radical and get your news from the newsstand? Lots of journals and papers and magazines the way people used to get all of their current information and news. You can find what you want. It just takes some effort.

(Please forgive the attitude, but it seemed like you were being a bit whiney about it.)
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:34 pm
Shadow Knight says...

I just find it amusing that people prefer to know what's going on around the world, instead of in their local area.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:40 pm
Sureal says...

Because your local area is boring. If anything interessting happens, you'll hear about it from a friend.

The problem with news, is that it will always be slanted to a certain viewpoint (ie. the reporters). So you have to find the same story from a number of different sources, with conflicting viewpoints, to try and get a real view of what's going on.
I wrote the above just for you.

685 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:44 pm
Rei says...

It's also just good in general to have an awareness of the world around you. But you still should want to know what's going on in your local area.

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm
PsyLynx says...

Yawp, news on TV is something I've been wanting for years....

67 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:00 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Reichieru wrote:Why not do something really radical and get your news from the newsstand? Lots of journals and papers and magazines the way people used to get all of their current information and news. You can find what you want. It just takes some effort.

(Please forgive the attitude, but it seemed like you were being a bit whiney about it.)

Fine then, suck on this:

I live in a town of about 4000 people when school is in session, in the middle of IOWA. There isn't a news stand around for 500 miles, LET ALONE journalistic magazines that I can buy off the shelf. NOR can I afford the monthly subscription, nor do I care enough about what each of them has to say to pay for it. My two news outlets are TV and internet. thats it. I don't particularly trust the internet, so TV is all I have left.

happy?
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

685 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:42 pm
Rei says...

I really do not like your attitude. If you're going to whine about something, you should expect people to respond in a certain way. I will not "suck on" is. You did not previously mention that you do not have access to news in that form. I did not know, so I could not respond properly. There was no need to be rude.

I don't deny that I am a whiner at times, but I am working on improving that part of my personality. That's because I know you gain nothing from whining. You either do something about it, or accept it.

67 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:21 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Watch YOUR attitude! I wasn't whining, i was ranting, there IS A difference. Your lack of knowledge is NOT my fault. You made an assumption, a stupid assumption at that, and moreover, you pissed me off. Do you REALLY think that if I had a way of getting the news, that I would care if it was on TV or not? Do you think I'm THAT lazy? Now I'm insulted, thank you.

Furthermore, I'm doing what I can, unfortunately however, I doubt the big whigs at CNN care what I have to say about it. You think this is the ONLY place I mention things that bother me? then you are sadly mistaken, and a little egotistical.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

685 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:20 pm
Rei says...

That's unfair. Now you're making assumptions. In my second post, I was only making general statements. I in no way said or implied that I thought this was the only place you mention things that bother you. Besides, whether it's ranting or whining, it's still the same basic action but with a different emotional subtext.

And actually it is your fault for me not knowing something about where you live because I would not be able to find out from anyone but you.

Also, if you don't like being insulted, perhaps you should not go around insulting other people. I'm sorry if you took what I said as an insult. I was just being sarcastic. But really, it seems like you take what people say on this web site way too seriously.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:05 am
Mattie says...

It seems to me you are being lazy. You don't want to do anything in order to get the information you want. If you don't want the information we receive on the News, Internet, ect. then why do you ask? It's like we're trying to help you but you won't take it. I just think that's rather stupid. And why are you complaining to us? It's not our fault. And what you're asking about is on the news. They had a special just last night (Tuesday) about the man you're talking about. If you don't want to take the time to stop and look at the world around you, it'll pass you by and you'll wonder why you don't know anything. Especially since all you do is complain how you can't get information but you simply just won't take what's given to you because you're too absorbed in your own little world.

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox