11%

Total votes : 27

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 pm
StellaThomas says...

Disney Princess?

I've only included the human ones (Ariel is, well... it's debatable), so if your choice is Nala or Lady then just say other...

I have to say Belle myself... although Mulan is awesome. I used to get Disney Princess magazine!

Come on, boys! You know you had one too :)

Ten Reasons to Love Them:

1.They're individual and non-conformists- they don't care what people think of them or what effect their actions have on their reputations... they run off to the palaces of Beasts and to seagulls, they go to balls when they were told not to...
2.They're environmentally friendly, animals love them (they understand the Colours of the Wind, they swim with fish, play with birds, have animal friends).
3.They all have very good singing voices. Well, it's true.
4.They go through horrific ordeals, such as being kidnapped, seeing people be killed, being made a slave in their own home, being poisoned and sleeping for a hundred years and they come out of it all the same person and don't need counselling.
5. Nearly all of them (except Mulan, I think), were raised in the absence of their mother, often in the presence of an evil other parental figure. Tough on girls, but they all pulled through.
6. They are feminists (mostly) who only need help of heroes when they're well and truly stuck themselves- they don't turn into damsels-in-distress at the first sign of danger.
7. They're multicultural and diverse- Pocahontas is native American, Mulan is Chinese, Jasmine is Indian and Belle is French!
8. They believe: in themselves, in magic, and in a better world. They never give up on any of those things.
9. They're strong believers in equality: Pocahontas saves John Smith from his death, Belle falls in love with a beast and Mulan shows the general he doesn't need to make a man out of her to make her a good warrior.
10. They're nice! Well, it's true. They may be stubborn, strong-willed, hot-tempered, but they're still kind and selfless. Oh, and they're pretty.

Well, I love them. Do you?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm
Demeter says...

I picked Jasmine, but if there had been Nala, I would've probably chosen her. ;) But Jasmine is my favourite human princess!

But I love them all.

Stellz, I love you for making this thread!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:12 pm
KailaMarie says...

Bell is my favorite. She's so sweet, and I LOVE when she reads to the sheep and they eat her book. It's so cute! That's probably my favorite Disney Princess movie.

p.s. Did you know they're making a new one? It's the one where the princess kisses the frog, I think. I'm going to go see it if it's in theaters.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 pm
Adnamarine says...

Ariel pwns them all... because she's a mermaid, and that's my favourite Disney movie along with Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. Not that fond of Jasmine, and I could have picked Belle... but I'm really in the mood for The Littler Mermaid.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Pocahontas has my vote.

But I would have picked all of them if I could have. ^_^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 pm
beckiw says...

I picked Mulan but Belle definitely runs a close second because they are fesity! lol

I so want to watch Disney now! :P *goes in search of Disney films*

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 pm
StellaThomas says...

I rewatched Pocahontas today -I forgot how sad it was! I couldn't believe how sad it was... that's what got me thinking.

I always liked Belle because she was a bookworm... when I was really little I used to love Snow White, although I'm not sure why. Aurora, I thought, was definitely the prettiest.

But Belle still beats them all. Even Ariel. And Pocahontas. Although I love them all very much.

Oh, and Mulan is a legend. She's amazing.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

272 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm
beckiw says...

You should do a 'Who is your favorite Disney guy?' lol

Like Eric from The Little Mermaid, The Prince from Beauty and the Beast, Prince Charming from Cinderella and so on :P

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:21 pm
StellaThomas says...

I'm not sure I know all their names... Beast, Erik, Prince Charming, John Smith, General... Shang, is it? Aladdin... what are the others?

Personally, I love Erik. He's just... I don't know... I really like him. And Aladdin is so cocky and cute! And the General and John Smith, and Beast, and Prince Charming...

oh, no, I love them all too much! (someone else can make the thread if they'd like though...)

272 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 pm
beckiw says...

I've fancied Eric forever! lol And the Beast he is hot too haha!

Crushing on cartoons..oh dear xD

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 pm
Evi says...

Jasmine, because I dressed up as her for halloween when I was seven or eight and my hair was much longer. :P I like her mainly for one reason and one reason only: she has a pet tiger.

Oh, and she gets to ride on flying carpets, which I would give anything to be able to do. ;)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Firestarter says...

It's all about Xena: Warrior Princess.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm
StellaThomas says...

Jack: I don't think she's Disney, is she?! ;)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

In that list, you have about three Prince Charmings. It might be only two, but I can't remember the name of Aurora's beau (reason he's listed as one of the Prince Charmings).
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm
Firestarter says...

The poll says "Your favourite princess." I'm running this answer directly from the poll, and ignoring any further posts below it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost