z

Young Writers Society

shoutbox

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:04 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

I know having the little chat thing is really neat and all, but would it be at all possible to make it it's own chat room? The reason I ask is because it makes the loading time on this page impossibly slow for my computer. As much fun as it is, it makes using this site terribly inconvenient. Thanks!
Gala
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:17 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

For now, you can click on "SB hide" and that will get rid of it. I'll work on making it either faster to load or have it as a pop-up, but I won't be able to get to it for a few days.

What does everyone prefer? Pop-up? As is but faster? Or seperate chatroom?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:11 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Separate Chatroom. Makes the most sense to me.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:28 am
View Likes
Skye says...

I kind of like the pop-up idea, but that could get annoying. Unless you set it so it only pops up on a certain page (like the opening page or whatever its called). Oh, I don't know. All I know is I don't really like it at the top either.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:31 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Pop-ups can be a problem for people (like me) who have firewalls.. I get absolutely NO pop-ups, which means I have to turn the firewall off everytime I want to give someone prestige or whatever.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:15 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

I find the shoutbox irritating, personally. I love to chat, esp. in realtime, but it lags and has to be refreshed all the time and it makes my computer SLOW! I reckon it should be a popup or have its own chatroom - with maybe scheduled chat times or something - so that its not up there driving people CRAZY...of course, I've always BEEN crazy...hehehe

:twisted:
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:23 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Once again, if you do not want the shoutbox to show, just click on "SB hide." You do not need to have it open. Clicking "SB hide" will get rid of whatever lagging problems you are having.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:52 am
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Chat room sounds spiffy.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:05 am
Nate says...

Replaced it with a chat room. The link is on the front page near the top.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:21 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Tut, tut, tut... Crysi. Firewalls? Hon, please. Firewalls don't stop pop-ups, they block ports. Pop-ups get through the ports because you are accessing information. Now, it may be Pop-Up killers that are doing the trick, but only that. Oh, and what firewall do you have? Software or Hardware?

-Z

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes