z

Young Writers Society

Boondock Saints

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:54 am
sabradan says...

I love this movie. What thinkest thou?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:23 am
Ego says...

I just saw it last night!!!!! It's flippin' awesome!!!!!!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 pm
Rincewind says...

One of my all time favourite movies. I dont know very many people who have seen it as well.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:35 pm
Ego says...

yeah it's weird because I just saw it like two nights ago....
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:37 pm
Nai says...

I still have to see it, my math teacher said it was awesome lol
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

147 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:35 pm
sabradan says...

It is definately awesome. My freind here at college has it on his computer and we watched it friday. We will be watching it again, soon, as well. He has memorized the family prayer which is flippin awesome. All I know is "And shephards we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee.....In nominei patri, et fili, et spiritu sancti"

Oh, and they're making a sequel, too.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm
Rincewind says...

A sequel ?? awesome!

William Dafoe is amazing in that movie. Far better than when he played Green Goblin. And I mean far far far far far better.
The early scene when the brother drop the toilet on the thugs head is still my favourite i think. Its cryable, indeed.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Empress Kat says...

That movie is awsome! Intense from beginning to end... with the toilet... I love it! I always thought we needed some people like that to set our youth straight. Scare the crap out of them so they don't do bad stuff. I know I wouldn't do stupid stuff if someone threatened my life... Gawd I love that movie!
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

147 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:08 am
sabradan says...

Now you will recieve us! We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim! It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'till it rains down from the skies! Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace! These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost! There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three and on that day YOU WILL REAP IT! And will send you to whatever god you wish

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:58 pm
WinterGrimm says...

I first found out about Boondock Saints sometime back in 2001. One of the characters in an RP group I started at UNC was really into the movie and wanted to play a character based around the concept of the heroes of the piece. He didn't do that good of a job and the game was later disbanded. However, another of my friends was inspired to download the movie (it was not yet available on DVD in America) and sent it to me. I was blown away.

It seemed difficult for me to believe that not only had this movie not gotten a mainstream film release but that it hadn't seen American theaters at all not even in a limited run. I found out later that it was due to the Columbine incident that this fantastic Irish film was CANCELLED. Now I'm all for sympathy for those who deserve it, but the scenarios aren't even remotely similar. I mean no one was going through and ripping copies of "Basketball Diaries" and "Heathers" off the shealves (Heathers is one of the best high school movies ever made btw). Anyway I think it was really unfortunate that mainstream audiences were denied a modern classic. That's not only a great popcorn action flick but makes you really think about vigilante justice and whether it can be justified or not.
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

147 Reviews

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:50 pm
sabradan says...

WinterGrimm wrote: That's not only a great popcorn action flick but makes you really think about vigilante justice and whether it can be justified or not.

Which it can 8)

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights