z

Young Writers Society

Packing for school

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:14 am
Galatea says...

Don't wanna!!! Advice? Comments? Anything y'all think I ought to take with me?
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:21 am
Incandescence says...

I hate packing for school.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:57 pm
Rei says...

I hate the thought of leaving my city to go off to school. My mother is mind-boggled. There are five colleges and two universities in Toronto, and I had to go to a school in a town just outside Ottawa. I really don't know what to take with me. I'm suspecting some minor culture shock, though. Toronto has over three million people and 99 libraries. I'm going to live in a town of 45K and one library. I'm practically moving to Smallville North.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:36 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I am still in high school but I would just tell you take everything that you will need and take anything that you might think you need. Rei that must be hard moving from a big town to a small town. I live in the heart of subarbia. My town only has one libary. But the campus I go to(its 3 schools on one campus.So its kindfa like college.)has 5000 plus students.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:32 pm
Writersdomain says...

I don't want to even think about packing for school. Going into a new high school is making me freak out about it.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:38 pm
Hope says...

Ha! My town is smaller than all of yours. We don't have a libary or anything for that matter. Our elementrary is in a different town than our high school, and we only have 250 kids in our high school. Yeah I would bring anything you think you need, unless you want to make a couple trips home.
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:55 pm
Duskglimmer says...

My town is very small too. We don't have a high school, we all go to the school in the next district over, and we don't have much of anything. We barely have a post office. It's about the size of my bedroom... :roll:
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:01 pm
Rei says...

I know we're off topic here, but I find it amazing how America can have so many tiny towns when it's got less landmass than Canada, yet ten times the population.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:19 pm
Duskglimmer says...

heh heh.. that's because we have the extremes... super huge cities and then super small ones...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Galatea says...

Mount Vernon is way small too. 3600, including the college (which itself is only 1150). The library on campus doubles as the town library.

eek.

This is me putting off packing. Whee!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:25 pm
Rei says...

From what I'm told, my college has only about 700 people living in res. Although when I heard this number, it wasn't clear if it was the entire college or if it was just people living on campus.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:30 pm
Jennafina says...

Good luck everyone...

for the first time in my life im going to a school with more than thirty people in it total.. theres 1600..
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:22 pm
Sam says...

I think we have 32 elementary schools, 15 middle schools and 6 high schools...:P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:14 pm
Rei says...

Isn't it facsinating the tangets conversations can go on? We've got over a hundred public high schools, not counting the Cathlic school Board. Not to mention the number of private schools there are. And I live within walking distance of about four primary schools.

685 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Rei says...

Been living in residence for three days now. It's amazing how easily I got settled. It really feels like home, it's so comfortable. Classes start tomorrow.

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart