z

Young Writers Society

I Love Emo!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:22 pm
Fellow says...

Good point Clo. Golden years... Not that i got something against those blokes, but i think it`s stupid to cut yourself because you just think that the sky is a little bit darker than yesterday or that you have a zit on your forehead... C`mon! I like the way that they dress but the part of being depressed all the time it`s something that i don't agree.
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:43 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

there not depreesed all the time but some people think to make them sound emo or *emotinaly* they have to prove to people,

emo in bright colours,

http://a.bebo.com/app-image/6652559051/ ... 907403.jpg

http://www.imageandstylenews.com/wp-con ... l-hair.jpg

u cant say thats not emo :D

were just has happy as u lot, i have a friend that to prove she likes emo she cut her self, stupid girl

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqyIMODM ... re=related

emo band lots of colours!!!11 i just found out about these
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm
Snoink says...

These are punk people, not emos, lol. And the band is punk rock. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 pm
Gadi. says...

Emos are the new hippies. Except hippies were cool.

I kind of thought that everyone had an "emo" phase in middle school, and as soon as they started high school got over it. I also thought that the emo people in high school were poseurs. They were liars.

No?

Not that I have anything with emos. I wanted to be emo. I wore black jeans. But then, I grew up.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 am
Periwinkle says...

I thought the colorful emos were called scene? xD All these labels are confusing.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 am
LolitaRose says...

I'm not one myself, I guess I'd be more old fashioned goth then emo, but the emos I have met have actually been very nice and like, hilarious.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:12 am
Clo says...

"Emo" is not a true label, and I'm thinking this because "genuine" labels like Goth and Punk have actual origins you can watch documentaries on. Emo is just a selfish concentration of typical teenage mindset and color theme appeal.

And labels are bad.
How am I not myself?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:35 pm
Cobra says...

It isn't a bad thing to be emo.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 pm

[quote="Snoink"]These are punk people, not emos, lol. And the band is punk rock. :)[/quote]

Oh my god some people make me laugh, emo must be fake then, this style is called emo you see, type it in google search, type emo girl in images, you'd find these kids. Oh my days, i see people dont get emo, As you can see the bois have fringes and there music is emo, thats what emos listen to.

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF1wZQzpeKA

yet again the best emo band to be alive hehe

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:24 pm
Tusker93 says...

To be honest I don't really like thinking of people as emos, goths, chavs etc. I just think of them as people who wear different clothes - but just because they wear a certain range of clothing doesn't mean you can stereotype their age group or behaviour.

It isn't just teenagers I've seen plenty of adults who look 'emo' and loads of emos are pretty happy too, their not all psychodepressive. Same with chavs everyone's got a stereotype on them too.

You can say emos need to grow up but really when you say that it shows you haven't matured yourself.

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:30 pm

:D heheh

I only label because I always being labeled things Im not, I like being a emo too,
So happy, not depreesive :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ESNwLC7bE

Oh im so depressed

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Clo wrote:"Emo" is not a true label, and I'm thinking this because "genuine" labels like Goth and Punk have actual origins you can watch documentaries on. Emo is just a selfish concentration of typical teenage mindset and color theme appeal.

Actually, that's a little untrue. The Emo sub-culture is a legitimate one*, not really guided by thirteen year old kids who think it's cool to cry. The problem is that this little sub-culture was thuggishly dragged into popular culture, a bunch of kids took hold of it and suddenly we've a world of kids crying out " I'm just going to break" "today's so much worse than yesterday" "Why can't it be time for me? why isn't it my day?" blah blah blah.

Some of us older kids are more used to the black eyeliner, soft-goth emos, the "younger generation" is all about twisting the sub-culture all over again.

Either way. I don't think it's ever a true label when someone says "I'm an emo" - there's a sort of conceit in it that makes my eyes roll. I don't care what anyone wants to say they are, just so long as they keep their lame music to themselves when I'm on the bus. ^^

*Hearts* Le Penguin.

* I'm going to provide some references for you as soon as I can get hold of my textbooks.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 am
kefkaeatsbabies says...

Aet Lindling wrote:...I assume you invented the "bright color" emos on some sleepover with your friends?

I've been browsing the forums pretty steadily since I signed up a few days ago, not really saying much, but this is the first post I genuinely chuckled at.

As far as 'emo' goes, I doubt anyone could give you a legitimate definition of it and as such I can't say if I like or dislike it. The original music that perpetuated the 'emo' genre has some genuinely amazing groups, hell some of the bands that would be considered 'emo' now are pretty awesome, but a lot of the groups now are talentless hacks who cater to, no offense to the original poster at all, but they cater to people who are more concerned with the imagery behind the music than the music itself. Hence, the clothes and fashion statements that have followed in it's footsteps and, in general, the age group of people who adhere to it.

And an edit, just for the record, Jared Leto wearing guyliner or tight jeans doesn't make thirty seconds to mars an emo band.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:05 pm
KailaMarie says...

I like emo. I'm not really myself, but I listen to a lot of "emo" bands that I really like. I don't like stereotypes generally, but this is more of a style than anyhting I think.

And just because I thought this went with this discussion, here's a stereotype of depressed emo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yapr0HMRC7k
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers