z

Young Writers Society

Question about the final fantasy series

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:29 pm
Autumn says...

I've never played any of the final fantasy games or watched any of the movies but they seem interesting. However I have no idea where to start from and what order they all go in to understand everything.. so can anyone help? =0
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 pm
Sureal says...

The stories are all unconnected. Each numbered game is set in its own world, with its own characters, and with its own story.

Essentially, you can jump in anywhere you like. =)

The only time you can't really do this is with spin-offs (eg. Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus, etc.). These are easy enough to seperate from the main series, as the main series are only called 'Final Fantasy [insert roman numeral here]'.

I recommend Final Fantasy X on the PS2.
I wrote the above just for you.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm
Clo says...

Like Sureal said, most of the Final Fantasies aren't connected. But the series contain a lot of variety, since they span almost two decades and each have their own storyline, characters, world, and some have varied gameplay.

I started playing FF when I was seven, so I've played every game in the series and am well used to them. My first game was FFVII, and it was a wonderful start to the series and a very good game.

But I think it all depends on what you're used to. What sort of games are you used to playing? After I know, then I can recommend what game of the series you should start on.
How am I not myself?

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire