z

Young Writers Society

Potter fairytales to be published

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:55 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

A collection of fairytales penned by Harry Potter author JK Rowling is to be published to raise money for a children's charity.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which Rowling first mentioned in The Deathly Hallows, will go on sale on 4 December.

A handwritten copy of the book was sold at auction for £1.95m last year.

Rowling wrote and illustrated seven copies of the book, but offered only one for sale. It was thought the book would never be published.

Source

One "word": !!!
Last edited by Cpt. Smurf on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 pm
tinny says...

I got all excited at the title for a moment and thought it was refering to Beatrix Potter :<
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 pm
Cade says...

I like how BBC News spelled "Granger" wrong.

As much as I enjoyed the mystery of only having one copy available to the public...OMG yes! I want one badly.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 pm
Meep says...

I was totally just about to post this.

So, who else is a total geek and will probably buy the $100 collector's edition on Amazon.com? *waves good-bye to Christmas money*
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

79 Reviews

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:36 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Meep wrote:So, who else is a total geek and will probably buy the $100 collector's edition on Amazon.com? *waves good-bye to Christmas money*

Already taken care of!

Though I'd hurry up - they're only printing 100,000 copies of the Collector's Edition.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 pm
Prokaryote says...

Yawn.

I mean, really, it's a book of Harry Potter fairy tales. Yay?

Pork

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 pm
Meep says...

Cpt. Smurf wrote:
Meep wrote:So, who else is a total geek and will probably buy the $100 collector's edition on Amazon.com? *waves good-bye to Christmas money*

Already taken care of!

Though I'd hurry up - they're only printing 100,000 copies of the Collector's Edition.

Really? Oh, snap. I missed that.

Gotta place that order, like, tonight then.

eta: Purchased. I really am insane. I never spend this much money without serious consideration, but I heard about this one today and spent the money today and I must have completely lost it. I can't help myself if it's Harry Potter related.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

79 Reviews

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Meep wrote:eta: Purchased. I really am insane. I never spend this much money without serious consideration, but I heard about this one today and spent the money today and I must have completely lost it. I can't help myself if it's Harry Potter related.

Same here :P *HP nerd*

~Stewie Griffin

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:59 pm
Rei says...

I did wonder what she would be doing now that all seven books are out. But she isn't exactly an old woman. She could churn out dozens of books that have nothing to do with Harry Potter if she was willing to put the effort into it. I really hope she does. She is not a great writer, but she is good enough to have her books published.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:08 am
Cade says...

Haha, she's the highest-earning novelist ever in the history of the world and all eternity...she can sit on her can for the next thirty years or so, if she wants to.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:46 am
pegasi_quill says...

Only 100,000 available? wow, I got to get a move on.

And oooh fairytales related to the HP world really are a good idea... I wonder what they're about? Damn, now I want to read it!
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 am
Twit says...

She illustrated them as well? What're the illustrations like?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko