z

Young Writers Society

I'm looking for a show I watched in England

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:56 am
chocoholic says...

Well, when I went to England with my sister Christmas 2002, there was this show we watched that we both liked, but neither of us can remember the name of. I'm hoping somebody who lives in England can help me out.

It wasn't a reality or drama, but a contestant type thing. I can't remember what exactly happened, but I think you had two teams of two kids, and there was different physical challenges. Except the kids didn't do them, they chose a competitor to do the challenges for them.

Does anybody know or remember this show, because I really want to know what it's called. Me and my sister really liked it, but it was so long ago that we've forgotten almost everything about it.

Thanks.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Could be Get Your Own Back - that was with peoples parents and in he end they got "gunged" =/ I can't think of anything else.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:18 pm
Twit says...

There's heaps of contest shows like that. Can you narrow it down? Remember anything specific?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm
Gahks says...

Does sound like Get Your Own Back, a now-defunt children's show.

More specifics would really help on this one. Time? Which channel? Any notable people?
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:47 pm
Lynlyn says...

If it helps, there are some clips of Get Your Own Back on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XLNGnRe-dmE&feature=related

They've blurred out the kids' faces (don't really know why) but I think it used to be kids competing with their parents or something, and the parents were the ones who got dunked... I never really watched it, my cousins liked it, maybe someone can clarify that.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

516 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 pm
chocoholic says...

I watched the clip, and it wasn't GYOB. It was kids playing against each other. I can only remember one of the challenges, which was this big maze-type thing. Each competitor had to get the best time, but there were loads of levels and stuff. Oh, and there was a lot of music and smoke when each competitor came out, and they would always do a little routine when they walked down the ramp.

I can't really remember anything else. Sorry, and thanks everybody!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:52 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I'm thinking Jungle Run, was it? Or Raven? Or perhaps Fun House (though I doubt it, because that one finished in 1999 - but you never know - repeats!).

There's so many of them - are you sure you can't remember anything else?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

516 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:01 pm
chocoholic says...

It's not any of those, sorry.

I remember that it was filmed in a studio. Not like a set that looks like the outside or something, but an actual studio. And I think there was a lot of blue around, but you can't trust me completely on that. And there was a live audience.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:09 pm
Twit says...

50 to One? That was between two schools, so all kids.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:19 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Twit - do you mean 50/50? It could be that.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 pm
Blink says...

Blue Peter?
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am
Gahks says...

Me thinks 50/50.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:16 pm
StrangeNerd says...

This thread brings back so many memories of rubbishy kid's tv shows. :lol:
I always wanted to be on one but I never got the chance... :(
If you're reading this, then you will have realised that I have a rubbish sig.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm
Swottielottie says...

Maybe it was that thing... what do you call it? Jungle Run? That used to be on CITV, they had a maze I think... and smoke. But I don't know.. It sounds like 50/50, I used to hate that show, but I would still watch it :wink:

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 pm
Twit says...

Yeah, that was 50/50 I was thinking of. I only saw it once, and it got cut off before the end.

#TNT

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green