z

Young Writers Society

Euro 08

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:09 pm
smorgishborg says...

I know some of you out there might be just a tad depressed about the certain failure to qualify of a certain highly regarded team... but that's no reason to give up on football in general. Especially when you can watch the Netherlands (I'm half Dutch) put on show twice a week.

Thoughts? Predictions?

I have to say that Portugal and Spain a looking pretty impressive, but nothing compares to l'oranje.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

It cost $7 million to build the Titanic, and $200 million to make a film about it.
The plastic ties on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:27 pm
Leja says...

I don't keep tabs enough on the different teams to really say a whole lot about them, but I must add that I looove these kinds of tournaments; it's the only time I can watch a soccer game [/at all] in English ^_^

I was watching the Romania/Italy game the other day and because I don't know anything about any of the teams, I have decided that I am rooting for Romania (even though the reffing in that game was a little shady). No, I don't really have a reason, haha. But tomorrow we'll see if they can play in the quarter finals ^_^

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:37 pm
pegasi_quill says...

I'm all for Poland - though that's rahter obvious, considering I am Polish.

I'm quite aware we don't have much of a chance of winning tonight's match *knocks on wood and prays she hasn't cursed it*, but I'm still fully intending to watch it! :D
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:49 pm
Esmé says...

Er, well, technically so am I... a little patriotism, eh? (Is also Polish).

But I'm not going to watch. I haven't watched any so far, and today's really won't be an exemption. Enough do - that's all that people talk about, these days. ^_^ I'm being a bit unfair, I suppose, but still.

We'll loose, yes. ._.

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief