17%
Don't Know/Care
44%

Total votes : 63

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm
Lauren says...

I don't know... I feel I can talk more easily with male teachers, for some reason, but then I am less on-edge when a woman is teaching. An exception is my science teacher, Mr Robins. I was failing miserably but then he worked his magic and, kazam, I'm top of the class. He's probably one of my favourite teachers, despite that he's pretty much universally hated.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm
aestar101 says...

I really am neutral about this ,but sometimes it can be slightly annoying for your teacher to act like your parent. I think of teachers more like adult friends.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Well, I've had awesome teachers of both genders. But I really would like to have more male teachers, because out of the nine classes I took this year, only2 of them were male.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:03 pm
StellaThomas says...

Gender doesn't matter, although it seems to have some sort of effect. All but one of the teachers in my primary school were female, and this year, all my subject teachers save one were male.

It doesn't depend on the gender, it depends on the teacher themselves. As for the motherly approach, my one female teacher (history) has actually "adopted" some of the boys -being far from home, they need a mother- and she pets us all, but we love her. My science teacher is incredibly funny, and the two would be my favourites. But I don't think there's any difference whether they're male or female.

Although I must admit, some of the female teachers in my school get pretty moody. But also, being a girl, it's nice to be able to sit and chat with our house staff, sometimes they're more like friends than teachers.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 pm
Firestarter says...

All my favourite teachers have been female; on the negative side, all the teachers I hated were female. I think this is probably because the vast majority of my education has been with female teachers. I don't think gender has that much of an effect. I've seen strict and lax on both sides. All I want from a teacher is good knowledge, the ability to control a classroom, and the ability to take things lightly.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:13 am
LilSarahBreezy says...

I like male teachers, I really do. But during the last school year, I had one male teacher who just scared me to death. He was always looking down girls shirts and telling us how short our skirts were. At my school, male teachers are NOT ALLOWED to tell us if we are breaking the dress code, they have to ask a female teacher to tell us. And it wasn't like this happened every once in awhile with really... er, trampy outfits. It happened EVERY DAY for outfits that were really not that bad. So yeah, I've just had bad experiences, but it's those few that make me prefer female teachers.
Be My Love And Race The Dream Together ♥♥♥

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm
Tharlam Gyatso says...

Ones ability to teach does not lie in their genitalia.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:03 pm
idle muse says...

Tharlam Gyatso wrote:Ones ability to teach does not lie in their genitalia.

That is the most quotable line I've ever heard :)
My two favorite teachers are both male, and they take RS and Latin. I like the first one because he is ridiculously funny, and we seem to learn loads without doing much work. I like the second one because he is really philosophical and interesting. I think that it is down to the individual teacher, rather than their sex. My most hated teacher is a guy as well. We barely have any female teachers though.
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:59 pm
Medusa says...

I prefer male teachers, just because I tend to be assigned to women teachers who are going to menopause and are cranky or picky. Men tend to be more straightforward then women.

--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:31 pm
Lydia says...

It doesn't matter what gender my teachers are...It just depends on their personality. I had a female teacher and I didn't like her. In 7th grade I had the best female teacher ever! In 6th grade I had the worst male teacher ever and same with last year. I had a teacher last year that was like the best male teacher I've ever had!

So I have to say that it really doesn't matter to me...
Wake up at the break of dawn, have fun, party, until you can't keep your eyes open one more second!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:39 pm
Monki says...

Well, I never really cared before. But this year I had all female teachers (all seven classes), in eighth grade (now I'm going into ninth and leaving them--WAHH!!!!!!). And I loved two of them to death! They were so open and I told them everything. They know everything about me. The guys I like, really, really personal stuff. And it's really cool how they feel comfortable around me, enough to know that it's okay that they cuss around me, and they don't care if I cuss around them (I just slip up sometimes). Now, along with my two other best friends, Sarah and Mily, Mandy and Dolly (the two teachers I'm talking about) are also like my best friends. At first, it was kind of weird admitting it, but now it's not really. They're like... in their thirties, but they act like teenagers and they don't act like adults AT ALL. So, we've been hanging out a lot lately over the summer. It was so hard for me to let go. On the last day of school, I was in hysterics because, not only was I their student, but I was their student aid too. We were all bawling. I still haven't gotten over it, but the first three weeks after that day, I cried at least five times a day or more. Lmao. Now, I talk on the phone with them at least twice a day also. I have... emotional issues lately, for some reason. We think the last day of school really brought it out, because I've never been an emotional person, until them. Before, they were more emotional than me. Now I'm a wreck. But, yeah. So, I guess I like female teachers better because they can relate and somehow, someway, they became some of the best friends I'll ever have. Which is definitely good, because they don't act their ages, which makes it really cool, but they are older than me at the same time, so they have more experience in things than I do, so I go to them for advice about everything. :) I love them!
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:18 pm
Sexy Sadie says...

Guy teachers. Girl teachers are mean.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:26 pm
Clo says...

I don't think gender really matters. There are jerks in both sexes.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm
TheLadyHel says...

If elementary school is like primary school, it's because very few male teachers would want to teach little kids, and so tend not to go into primary schools unless they get to be headmaster. Blokes who become teachers generally become secondary school teachers- the subject they teach is usually the one they have a degree in and have some degree of affinity for, the curriculum is more interesting and the pay is better (I think, I'll check.)

I don't reckon it's sexism- there are probably just more female teachers around.

I don't know which I prefer. I've had some really good female teachers and some really bad male ones and vice versa. At the school where I was recently, there was a general trend towards better male than female teachers.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm
StellaThomas says...

TheLadyHel wrote:If elementary school is like primary school, it's because very few male teachers would want to teach little kids, and so tend not to go into primary schools unless they get to be headmaster. Blokes who become teachers generally become secondary school teachers- the subject they teach is usually the one they have a degree in and have some degree of affinity for, the curriculum is more interesting and the pay is better (I think, I'll check.)

It's true actually, and funny. There's a very hot guy who just left my school that plans on becoming a primary school teacher :D. We were laughing at the thought, he's about 6'4, and you can just picture him teaching four year olds. But he'll actually be really good.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical