z

Young Writers Society

Freewriting

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed May 04, 2005 12:17 am
nickelpickle says...

I did some free writing last night and have all of this illegible writing. The little I can understand is kinda scary. It is like I had all of these feelings bottled up inside and they just poured out. The stuff in there is pretty freaky. I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences and has insight onto what it means...
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 04, 2005 12:39 am
Areida says...

Yep. All the time. I'll begin writing and so much will just pour out of me, almost faster than I can type. Then, I'll go back and read it and find that I was getting out hurts and emotions I didn't even know I had bottled up- and now literally either. Most of its allegorical. Very weird.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed May 04, 2005 1:51 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

happens to me too, when i am doing a project on a computer.... i type my feelings shrink them.... flip em up side down.... put it in a box and read it at least one more time then it takes a visit to the trash can..... i can easily relate to that .. it is sometimes freaky what i write.... :shock:

a poem that expresses that was by hekategirl, i think in dramatic poetry, called i think "hahahaha(rated r for language)"... that shows one of those feeling let outs... go check it out..

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed May 04, 2005 2:02 am
ohhewwo says...

Yeah, that happens, but that's sort of what's supposed to happen in free writes. All of your ideas are supposed to go down without thought. You can't stop writing until you're done. (One good thing that Ms. Sisson has tought me. DQ knows what I'm talkin' about.)
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

375 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2005 2:03 am

oh yeah......

i usually write crazzy things when i am tired, mad, and seem to have ADD

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed May 04, 2005 2:05 am
ohhewwo says...

Me too. I can go from, like, Satanic thoughts to a five page thesis on plastic bags.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

375 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2005 2:42 am

one time sisson told us to write about what first came to out mind when she said the word dentist, it was total free write hate and ADD random phrases

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed May 04, 2005 10:55 pm
Crysi says...

What really scares me is that all of my freewrites have made references to my depression. I just learned today how serious it was getting, and I didn't even realize it was creeping up on me again..

Maybe I'll do a freewrite. It'll be more productive than what I did at lunch, at least..
Love and Light

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 04, 2005 11:12 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I used to freewrite, but i haven't done it in a few years. It scared me horrible, badness.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 05, 2005 12:51 am
Nai says...

I do a different type of free writing.

It's helpful for poetry..

What you do is think of a subject or word.. anything.
You set a time limit and write down everything that comes to mind or everything you know about that particular subject within the time limit.
The trick is, you cannot stop writing.

You have to keep writing everything that comes to mind, and if you can't think of anything at that moment, you have to write something along the lines of "I don't know what to write." or "I'm not sure." or something.
Then as soon as you think of another thing to write, write that down too.

I usually go 5 minutes for anything unless it's a hard subject in which i'll need more thoughts and material.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu May 05, 2005 12:54 am
Ego says...

freewriting is pretty scary for me....and....yeah, thats all i got.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

43 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 1:01 am
Nai says...

How do you do free writing?

Everyone is saying the results are depressing or scary or evil.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu May 05, 2005 1:02 am
Elizabeth says...

yesh i tend to ramble with my fingers sometimes, usually on purpose when I'm pissed on my last nerve... or scared like heck. something i did find out was how much afriad i was of losing somebody i love to another person i love.... it's a damn scary though i'm telling ya....

damn scary.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu May 05, 2005 1:04 am
Galatea says...

It's called automatic writing, and it's something I haven't done in a while. I really enjoy it as a writing exercise.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

43 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 am
Nai says...

but how do you do it where every who has done it is shocked by the things they write
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

She was /not/ going to ruin a good dress for a pot of drooling, wall-staring, imbecile grass. And that was that.
— Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings