z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Yearbook '07

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:47 am
chocoholic says...

What to say, what to say? Well, for one, I love you YWS! Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without you! I've only been on a few months and it feel like forever.

Shoutouts. Well, I'll have to start witth my cousin Ari, or kittykat_luva. Ari, you are mental. Absoluetely crazy, but you write a good story and I love ya.

sworddance: You were my first friend on YWS, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Alainna: God I love Lyla, and all your other writing. Thanks for beging a great writer!

kitty15: You were such a huge help with my writing when I fisrt started. I can honestly say that I'm a better writer because of you

Saint Razorblade: You've been so great with everything, plus you're an amazing writer. Keep up the great work!

Nate: Well, you created this site. That makes you a genius. You deserve an award for... something. An Order of the British Empire or something. You are awesome

JC: You're an amazing writer. Good luck with Bella, and good luck getting published in future. You deserve it

motherflippinflapjacks, Gwen, author13, Via, Suzanne, Snoink, and everybody else I've forgotten, you're all great! I wish I could be bothered to write everyone's names!

The best story this year is going to have to be Lyla be Alainna (I'm addicted to it, sorry).

I love all of you! Happy new year for the new year and merry Christmas for Christmas,

chocoholic.
Last edited by chocoholic on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:02 am
Twit says...

To YWS.

I signed up earlier this year, after a tentative start at showing my writing to other people. You popped my grossly inflated ego, helped me grow a thick skin towards constructive abuse, a "maalesh attitude" towards my failures, and a sense of fellowship with other writers. Before, I had been enclosed in my own smug little circle. When I came on here, you made your plans, laid your charges and blew a hole right through that self-contained bubble. For that, I grovel at your feet.

Shout Outs:

The Captain -- I remember when you first came on. You had an avatar of a grey gorilla, and you read some chapters of my fourth draft of Rainbow. Since then, I've got to know you better and you're one of the people who make YWS such a great place. Here's to a fellow Whovian and Paolini shredder!

Sumi -- On the subject of avatars, I remember you had a phoenix one. Now, you're the one with a never ending string of anime/manga avatars, with a figurative pen ever ready for a guest book signing, with an ever amusing blog, and a flair for witty comments.

Alainna -- Thanks for reading Scarab. You're a great person and you're stronger than anything that the world and its dandyprats can throw at you. If ever I rant in my blog, your comments always make me feel better.

Kitty -- A truly amazing member. The way you manage to sail through half a million crits in one day, study, update your blog, write, be helpful and considerate of everyone, live everyday life and still have room for dessert is awe inspiring.

Gyr -- Birdie, what can I say? A great friend and an amazing writer (I was reading GE the other day and blinking because I'd forgotten how good it is). Thank you. For putting up with me, for kindly pointing out that it's three teaspoons of tea in the pot, and not three per cup, for good times, for showing where be cheesy villains, for going into denial over Sherringford's death and for giving me more inspiration than I have decent rights to and not suing me for it afterwards.

Nate -- Thanks for making this site. None of this would be possible without you. Even if your doppelganger and your evil twin and your clone and your clone's brother's sister's cousin's aunt's grandfather's okapi's landlady had put their heads together to make a writing site, it could never be as fab as this one.

Other Shouts,

To Vernon (for chats and Elizabeth), to Elizabeth (for Canada and Vernon), to Shafter (Trai Trai Trai), to Fishr (for Gaelic), to Roaming Shadow (for werewolves and insults), to Sunny (Starbucks, Maccaroni? Btw, thanks ever so for putting up the newfaces link), to Sureal (debates), to Zette (... for NaNo), to Crysi (for the rainbow you've forgotten), to Sam (for helping unawares), to Fishy (for the blog readings), to Bat (for the what what spam), to Sokool (for reading Scarab), to Misty (also for Scarab), to Matt (for weird chats), to Pingu (also for weird chats), to Amelia (for being green and RPG), to Pol (for helping unawares) to JC (for POD and Bella), to Esme (for being Featured Member when I was thinking about joining. I liked your avatar, so I joined), to WD (for leaving encouraging replies to my despairing eljay entries), to Razor (for being a cool pirate who I don't much about), to canislupis (for being another person who likes wolves and does Latin), to the admins (for heloing to keep YWS up and running).

Great Works:

Gypsie Eyes, by Gyr
Mercenary Wings, by Sokool
In Thrall, by Gyr
Lyla, by Alainna
POD, by JC
Geezer, by Sumi

I'll add as I remember. For now, thank you and (early) happy new year to everyone on YWS!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:12 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Gosh, where to begin?

I've been here for less than a year. I was going absolutely bonkers on another forum because I wasn't getting a reply e-mail to set up the account...as Aet can testify... because I saw how awesome this place was. The more you look, the better it is; it goes beyond good critiques (and those are excellent, make no mistake.). The friendliness and the good-will, the exercising of reason versus flames for sorting out problems. The mutual support and unconditional harmony. I love you all. <3

Shout outs:

Aet Lindling: Because you are amazing and Theodolous told me too. :) He sends his regards and says to stop doing Platypus dances to make the platypode fall from the sky. "Glory". XD

Nate: What can I say? You're the best admin ever, dealing with us on a daily basis. XD Without you, none of this would be possible, and many people would never have been able to reach their full potential. God bless.

Black Cat Sachiko: "Lol. This guy is tall." For our incessant spamming of humorous fanart links and "ROFL ROFL ROFL"s. You're the best. :)

Cpt. Smurf: Because of you, many poor, parentless wolf pups have found loving people to care for them; you are a noble blogger, indeed. :*bows*:

Suzanne: Thanks for putting up with all my immaturity when I first joined -- I owe you several decent critiques. Oh, and I haven't finished "Crime and Punishment" yet. ^.^

Meep: You are my role model. For life. Thanks for dealing with all my, "yaoi? EW!" comments. xD

little tin fish: Really nice guys run down by cars FTW!

Snoink: You're a crime against the English language, in your own words, and we all love you for it. ^_^

Azila: For keeping me in line when I go on an avatar-changing spree.

FireArris: Ha, I said your name first! :P Keep writing, you're a genius in the making.

Amelia: Zemelja! OFTW!

Twitters: Ever read "The Phantom Tollbooth"? Well, I'm Rhyme and you're most definitely Reason. You are, without a doubt, one of the coolest people I've had the great honor of talking with. (And the Raven is female?? 0.o)

Ari: OMG. You're so beyond cool it's incredible. :*hugs*:

sworddance: I owe you so freakin' much it's not even funny anymore. 0.0 First on Geezer's, then Kismet... you're not still playing Warcraft, are you? :lol:

Saint Razorblade: Who's Craig Ferguson again?? XD

Wiggy: My arch-nemesis. I WEEL PREEVAIL EEN DEE END!

God bless and keep you all.

To be edited when I remember even more to ramble about. :D
Last edited by Sumi H. Inkblot on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohmeohmy

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:35 am
Areida says...

I was a fifteen-year old who wanted to be a princess when I first joined YWS in February of 2005, and I was looking for nothing more than a good critique on my first serious story. Now I'm an eighteen-year old who wants to go to West Point, who has grown immensely, both in life and in literature.

To everyone I have encountered during my time at YWS, a huge thank-you. It's truly amazing how attached you can become to a place that doesn't tangibly exist, and to people you've never met. You guys are the greatest.

And OMG! Thank you so much for voting me your PROM QUEEN! *pageant wave* The upgrade from princess to queen was very exciting for me, the brunette half of my senior class. I'll never actually have a real senior prom, so thanks a million for giving me a little taste of it my senior year of high school.

Shoutouts:

To Nate - without you, none of this would be possible. You've created a community and a haven for me that never could have existed in my small town, within my even smaller school. Thank you for all you do.

To Bekah - Meshy! For being my skit partner, constant blog commenter, and endless supplier of good laughs and encouragement in pursuit of my crazy dreams - thanks. You're a kick-butt mod with an amazing personality to boot. Oh, and I still want your hair. Mwaha.

To Karina - What would YWS be without the (in)famous Snoink? You've played such a vital role in making the site what it is today, and I am constantly amazed by your hard work, ambition, and dedication to your music, to your education, to your writing, to the people around you. For listening to my rants, for sharing your rants with me, for the late nights reading FREAK, for the Backstreet Boys jam sessions conducted a thousand miles away, for the random phone conversation, for the random links, for the math help, for being you, wonderful, hilarious, brilliant you: thanks.

To Sam - Crysi, my love, you own. I have immensely enjoyed hearing your stories (about boys, about Disneyland, about high school, about college, about flying, about nothing at all) and getting to know you these last few years. You were one of the first people to welcome me to YWS, and you've made me feel welcome ever since. I have loved seeing your pictures the last few years. Watching you get prettier every year is great fun. For fights over Hayden Christensen, for admitting to liking Clay Aiken, for lifting me up when I was down, for the prayers, and the endless string of random jokes that we probably couldn't recall: thanks. Even when you don't love yourself, I always do. Thanks for everything.

To Sam - Sambo! I have never known anyone like you. At first you reminded me of my younger sister, Addie, but since I've gotten to know you better (mostly through your award-winning blog), I have learned that you are you and you alone. It's been a blast reading your work and hearing about your adventures in exotic, far-off Nebraska. I am blown away, again and again, by your brilliance and your talent. You've got the brains, the guts, and the heart to go places; I can't wait to see where you end up.

To Sumi - You are a scream. Keep being you - the world needs it, and I thoroughly enjoy it. ;)

To Wiggy - Sweet, sweet, Mary, where would we be without you? Your love - for everyone and everything - has helped to make YWS what it is. You are beautiful, my dear, both inside and out, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you. Hang onto that beautiful love and exuberance that makes you so uniquely you. Princesses unite!

To Brad - For all the baffling posts, for the *snickers*, for the mysterious pictures, for the random IMs, for the brilliance, for the flashes of insecurity, for the laughs, for the wtf? moments: thanks. Oh, and the fact that you're from Texas pretty much makes the cool meter explode from overload.

To Hunter - Ah, Dono, my first YWS crush. How could my poor, fifteen-year old self resist your dashing, blonde good looks? Since then I have enjoyed getting to know you, delving into the enigma of your person and learning about the crazy awesomeness that is Dono. In short, Your Majesty, you rule. ;)

To Jennafina - Thanks for the endless supply of hilarity and encouragement. I'll never forget Drowning You (SO cool!), nor my beautiful Four Princesses of Illyria fanart. I am still immensely flattered. You are adorable, 'Fina, and I adore you. Thanks. :D

To Emma - You crazy kiddo, you. You were one of the people I met in my early days at YWS and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you grow into a truly beautiful young lady. Thanks for being my bud. :D

To Mooz - Another one of my early-days YWS buddies. You're so talented; I know that whatever you end up choosing to study you'll do brilliantly. Thanks for all the times of making me laugh till I couldn't breathe. I still want to steal some of your wicked awesome accessories, by the way, so look out!

To Jack - Ah, Jacko, what can I even say to tell you how much I admire you? A brilliant historian, epic writer of prose, omniscient, omnipotent admin, heart-achingly good poet, and an endless supplier of encouragement - all obvious traits that you possess. Thank you for all the marvelous crits, for leading by example, for making me laugh, for making me think, for writing poetry beautiful enough to make me want to cry, and for being my second YWS crush. ;) Just another living example of how Brits do it best.

To Lyndsey - Beautiful big sis Lyndsey - where do I begin? For your amazing prose, for the tough love, for the regular love, for the big, beautiful smile, for the beautiful soul (no Jesse McCartney reference intended), for pushing me to be better than I am, a million times thank you. Always know that you are appreciated, admired, and adored.

To Nai - My fellow Frank Sinatra lover and YWS Prince. Thanks for all the fun times!

To Dan - Dan Dan the Crazy Israeli Man! It's been a blast exchanging Blues Brothers quotes and admiring your photography over the years. And that one storybook we did? I don't really remember what it was about, but I remember it being really fun. So, in spite of my lame-o memory, thanks for all the good times, big bro. :D

To Matt TollstheBellamy - Ahhh! You are so totally arglesnarkle! Thanks for creating Matt's Happy Place and always being your marvelously gender-ambiguous you.

To Kay Juran - Yay! My official royal translator! I haven't seen you around the place in a while, but thanks for always putting up for my shenanigans, and especially for joining in. ;)

To Dreamy - I haven't gotten to know you very well, but what little I do know is incredible. You are an unbelievably mature writer, talented young lady, and all around great person. Thank you for all your encouragement.

To Gal - I think of you every time I shave my legs. ;) Thanks for always just being you.

To Dusky - WOW. Yep, that pretty much sums you up. You're smart, you're funny, you're pretty, you're determined, and you're a dang good writer too. It is likely that everyone around you secretly hates you for being so amazing, and looking good while you do it. I was absolutely fixated on your writing for a while, because I was amazed that someone my age could write so well. I am sooo proud that you have won NaNo more than once, and that you have continued to work hard on your novels (frankly, they're much too good to put aside). Thank you for your prayers, your enthusiasm, and your wonderful writing over the years. It's been a blast.

To Amelia - 'Meeeeelia! Thank you for all your comments on my blog entries, and for entertaining me endlessly in your blog entries as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. :D

To Colly - Hokay, so I looooove your poetry. Just in case the fact had not been established. I don't really know you that well, but from what I can tell you're pretty frackin' awesome.

Suzanne - You're good at everything. *stabs*
Seriously, though, you really are an amazing person. I haven't gotten to know you all that well, but it's been interesting watching you go from just another member who was a great critiquer to one of the most beloved members of YWS. Keep doing your thing. :D

Fand - I loooooove your It's A Wonderful Life avatar. Thanks for being another awesome YWS big sis.

Via - Well, we sort of got to RP together! Heh. Another one of my favorite YWS big sisters.

Heather (kitty15) - Uh. May. Zing. I'm for cereal. How do you do it all??? Please never stop critiquing - we need you! And the whole amazing personality thing? Overall makes you rather nauseatingly fantastic. Thanks.

bubbles - One of my first YWS buddies. Thank you for everything.

Poor Imp - Impalicious! I don't know you very well personally, but in my mind you're one of those essential YWS icons. Thank you for all you've contributed over the years as a true example of excellence.

Grif - I still think it's crazy you and Snoink are twins, but it definitely adds to your overall awesomeness as a duo. For all the storybooks, tutorials, and excellent mod-li-ness, thanks.

WD - You are sooooooo cool. SPEW and Character Development pwn.

Bobo - Big brother Jordan... I miss you! Drop your Da a line one of these days, 'kay?

*singsoffkey* - Big sister to more than just darling Dusky. Thank you for always setting such a thoroughly excellent example.

EBM - One of those people who is just, in a word, cool.

Cal - For hilariously awesome avatars, outstanding writing, and a one-of-a-kind personality - I wuv you! Thanks for being you.

niteowl - Never met a stranger, right? Thanks for always being the most welcoming member on YWS, hands down, no contest.

Sureal - Both the quantity and quality of your blog post comments are rather impressive. Stay sober. XD

Waffles - Last, but certainly not least, to the only YWS member I've ever met. Too bad I didn't realize it at the time. My friends and I still laugh when we remember that random kid in the math test who drew a calculator because he forgot his at TAPPS district 2007. Hope to see you again this year!

And to:
Meep, Kylan, MadHatter, Adam, Alainna, Dreamer, St. Razorblade, whence, Cpt. Smurf, Prok, TNcowgirl, Kylan, Dreamer, Jiggy, Elelel, Riedawriter, Trident, twit, smaur, DQ, Elizabeth, Vernon, fishr, Inertia, Fye, Syddles, Skye, Arvy, gyrfalcon, Shine, GingerLizzy, where_are_my_shoes, gadi, Ellie, Joeducktape, Perra, Maybe, Gwenivere, Morgan (Chevy), Rickage, Ayra, Myth, Pushca, Chandi, Cass, sohini, hekategirl, zel, Boni_Bee, Teo, Elocina, Black Cat Sachiko, little tin fish, kristybree, Qi, rei, Meep, Phorcys, marching_gurl89, gummy, shadow knight, JCobsessed, Pros, David Guinness, misspriss, Nikki (nickelpickle), emotion_less, Darker Sarah, ZZAP, Harley, luna, Tess, Mattie, Lollipop, J. Haux, Liz, Nox, Muffin, Jasmine, Tassen, Chanson, hawk, little x soldier, Flemzo, and Icaruss -

Thank you for making YWS what it is!
If I've forgotten anyone, forgive me; it was unintentional.

Best wishes to all of you; you're wonderful.
Last edited by Areida on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:28 am
Cade says...

Wednesday, December 12th, will be my one-year YWS anniversary, and, like everyone else, I'm so pleased to be here. My writing has improved so much due to the feedback I get here, the amazing stuff I read, and my own critiques.

Being a member here has in part encouraged my desire to study English, journalism, and/or creative writing in college and beyond, and to pursue, possibly, a career in publishing. It's bizarre to say that a website has affected my life this much, but this is more than a simple forum; it's a community, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

For all of my friends...I wouldn't even bother listing all of you and how great you are because, well, I would wear out my fingers typing that much. But you know who you are...I couldn't ask for better buddies. You've helped me appreciate and edit my writing as something worthwhile, listened to my problems, sent me imaginary cookies and bowls of steaming hot soup. I hope that one day I can meet some of you in person. I swear, if I ever win the lottery, I'm going to fly all of you here to western New York for a serious party.

Suzanne - I HATE you. I think this began when you made a blog entry about how happy you were that everyone on YWS was so nice to you, and I wrote back saying that I hoped you lost your internet connection forever.

Heather - If I had to pick one YWSer to rule the world, I'd pick you, because you'd be such a fair and benevolent dictator. *bows and lays gifts of critiques at your feet*

Snoink - Your help with physics has saved my life. How can one pig-obsessed girl be so smart, and so awesome at life? I wish you the best with FREAK, and I swear I'll buy twenty copies when it gets published.

Whence - Ed, I hardly ever understand your poetry, but I still like it! Don't go away for weeks at a time again, okay?

Brad - If you ever stop writing, I'll murder you in your sleep with a dictionary.

Amelia - Melja, I'd love to get to know you better. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. You rock!

And others who totally deserve a mention: Via, Sureal, Saint, Sumi, gadi, Kit, Areida, DD, something euclidean, Phoebe, bubbles, Gummy, Trident, Jiggity, etc., etc., you all make the internet worth living on!

I'm happy that in the year I've been here, I've become a Master of the Forum, earned a few blue stars, and become both an Instructor and a member of SPEW.

I hope that in the years to follow, I keep up my happy relationship with YWS. A year from now, I will be looking forward to college acceptance letters, enjoying my senior year of high school, and, of course, celebrating two years on YWS. *gasp* I'll probably come back and read this and I'll shake my head and giggle about how young and silly I was.
Here's me in '07:
Oh, dear...

Let's see, some memories from this year...
There was that time that YWS went offline for a whole day. I'm glad we lived through it, all. Right guys? Right? *nudges those who are still shaking from withdrawal*
The great monkey vs. dragon wars! Monkeys forever!
The name changes...I went from cadmium to Cade, and I'm quite pleased with it. It was all so confusing for a while!
Release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. My soul is still in recovery...
Dang it, why am I so bad at thinking up things that happened this year?

NATE, thank you for creating and running this great community of writers. You deserve a fairly deafening round of applause.

So, for all of you, for literature, Bartemius, and Pat Buchanan...Happy New Year.

Colleen
Last edited by Cade on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 am
Firearris says...

Hi everybody!

When I joined YWS, I was nine years old and was expecting people to base their critiques off of my age and treat me different because of it; but instead, everybody was kind, friendly, and funny, and they based their critiques off of what I wrote, not my age. I met many different people and made a lot of friends, one of the best friends I made was Sumi. I hope to stay part of YWS for as long as I can and virtually be with my friends and get on my stories. Thanks YWS!

If I think of anybody else, I will edit this.

Sumi: You are great at making people smile and very humorous to talk to, keep up the good work. You have been my best friend on the site since a little while after I joined.

Dreamer: You have been a great friend since the beginning, and I like the creativity put into your stories.

Derek_fantasy: After virtually drowning me twice, you have become a good friend! Since you are leaving the site, I wanted to also tell you bye, so Bye bye!

Snoink: You are great at grammar and you are no longer feared.

Brad: You are still feared. But I would like to congratulate you on Chinophobia.

Twit: You are very fun to talk to.

Writer_Chick_13: You have a very creative mind, which makes everybody become creative when you use it.

Adam: Fun to talk to.

Squallz: You always have a great avatar and good personality.

Nate: You are the best admin and I REALLY hope you keep it up.

Lindsaroo: You are a great friend

Scotty.knows: You are fun to talk to and you are very silly.

Razorblade: You are the best pirate I have every met.

Suzanne: You are a very kind person.

I am glad I joined YWS because of all the good experiences and all the great people I met, keep up the good work everyone!

Firearris
Last edited by Firearris on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 am
LowKey says...

Wow – exactly one year ago, I joined YWS. Since then:

I’ve loaded the mobile version of YWS on my computer, leading to a full hour of panic in trying to find the link to my preferences before trying the back button

Helped someone else out of the very same situation the next day

Got a pen-pal in England

Won NaNoWriMo with 45 words to spare

Got my sister to join a writing site

Finished my first quarter of college with flying colors and my sanity

Saw a PEM (Post Eating Monster)

Saw Fred die and come back to life twice, though the second time did a number on him, as he now has amnesia

Witnessed YWS regurgitate all the posts, PMs, users, blog entries and shouts from the last few months

Though not necessarily in that order. I’m eternally grateful for YWS because if it weren’t for (them? It?) I likely wouldn’t have done so hot in college, or have gotten there in the first place.

Jeez, I’m starting to sound like Miss America, aren’t I? Oh dear. Buckle up. I’m sure it only gets worse. ;)

Saphira – Hope you get some sun soon, and thanks for answering my barrage of questions on your part of the world. Maybe we’ll run into each other if (when) I visit there.

Black Cat Sachiko – You’re the funniest person to run into in the chat room.

Snoink – My sister is terrified of you, and I have no idea why. Whenever I see you in the chat, you seem harmless… Thanks again for the editing tips!

Hunter – Got off to a rough start, but I’m glad we met. You’re actually a pretty fun guy, and I enjoy your company. You're a good friend.

Writers Domain – I have been neglecting your stories, but that doesn’t make them any less incredible. I’ll try to jump back into them sometime in the near future.

FireArris – If you Flower Fields story is any indication, you are truly Edger Allen Poe incarnate. Keep writing.

DreamDeep – Another early bird! Your rout to early college credit seems a tad bit more rigorous than mine in my eyes, but I have no doubt you’ll do great. As you said, “Homeschoolers for the win!”

Kylan – your clone stories were a great read, and so far it looks like you’re a very skillful writer. Keep it up.

PenguinAttack -- Always a fun person to meet with in the chat. Hope your poem turns out how you want it!

Sqaullz-- FF13 ftw! ^.^

MadHatter -- I disagree whole heartedly with you, but that doesn't mean you aren't an okay person or writer.

Incandescence -- thank you for scaring the crud out of me when I first joined. If it weren't for you, I probably would have carried the phobia of green text with me up until a few months ago. You helped get it out in a one-week scare-a-thon that included a heart attack every time I saw said text before I finally realized the mods weren't all out to shred me for being alive.

Pheobe -- Tidal waves are very fun. :D

I’m glad I mustered up the courage to join a site dedicated to shredding people’s works, and even gladder (word?) that I discovered the joy of such shredding. Thanks YWS, and Double thanks to Nate.

:D

Dreamer

Edit:
I couldn't resist adding a random nag note or two here, as this is likely my last chance to do so here in 2007. So with that!

1. www.daydreamernightreader.com if you please. :p
2. Veritas Vincit
3. get Firefox
4. lose the dialup. ;)

May your cows stay in their field, your chickens in their barn, and your turtles in their pools. And may your cat stay away for all of them... for everyone's sake.
Happy new year! :D
Last edited by LowKey on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:31 am
BigBadBear says...

Well, I have only been on here a few months, and I have become addicted! Thank you to all who have read my stories and critiqued them, because this has really changed my life.

As for my NaNo: I loved every second that I was writing it. If it weren't for you guys, I would not have a beautiful NaNo to show off. Thank you for whoever told me about it.

Now, here comes my best friends in the world:

Black Cat Sachiko: How I would hate life if I had not met someone as funny as you!

Kim: You are truely a wonderful person! I love PMing you and just talking! Your stories are awesome!

Fangala: Holy cow, girl! I love reading anything - everything - that you have written! You are such a creative author!

Pawprint: Well, what can I say about you, girl? You rock!

Suzanne: Thank you for being so kind, and nice. I think that we should all give Suzanne a round of applause!

Lindsaroo: Hey, Slinds! I couldn't resist putting your name on this!

And to everyone else that I forgot, thank you so freaking much! You have no idea how much this website has increased my writing ablities! Thank you, Nate, for creating such an addicting website!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm
Sachiko says...

Ahhhhhh *squeal*

I believe i ran across YWS at least a year ago. I made a screen name, and then promptly forgot about it. I remembered a couple months after that, made a new screen name, and then forgot about it again.

Well, a couple months ago, i was googling "Writing prompts", and came across this site. Again. So, i made another new screen name, and then stayed for good! I believe it was the part where i bookmarked the site that really helped.

I am addicted, ne? Isn't everyone on this site? XD

W00t w00t, shoutouts!

Sumi H. Inkblot: *Squeals* Sumi-chan!! *glomp* You are one of my first YWS friends. Yay for spamming each other's guestbooks with fanart and Naruto, Harry potter, and Death note fanart and fanfiction. You're seriously one of the best. Ni, Seriously!

BigBadBear: Bear-kun!!! You're so awesome and all, who seriously thought the only thing wrong with "Memoirs of a thief" was a simple spelling error. XD

Suzanne: *squeals loudly* Suz-chan, you're so incredibly awesome. ^_^ there's really no other way to say it except for that. Suz-chan=Awesomeness.

Sam: Sami-chan!!! *glomps* Arigatou for putting up with all my questions about japanese pronunciation, how to say this and that, and all of the other stuff that i should probably know by now. Arigatou. ^_^

M.B Author: M.B-chan, you were also one of my first YWS friends. I am forever grateful. Thankies for putting up with Dancing Sasuke. XD XD

PenguinAttack: *Squeals loud and long* Pengu-chaaaaaan!!! You are so cool and awesome and and and and *Splutters and flails arms* *jumps into pengu-chan's lap, purring*

Lindsaroo: *loves her linds-chan* *huggles her*

Little.angelfire: *glomps hard* Fluffy? What fluffy?

Aet Lindling: One word. Awesomness to the max. Okay, that's three. whatever.

Dreamer: Ach, Dreamer-chan. ^_^ *hugs tightly*

FireArris: I still have all my animals. And the elephant is still named Paws. ^_^

Finally,

Nate: Nate-sama, thank you thank you thank you for putting up such an awesome site! ^_^ You have no idea how helpful it is, has been, and definitely will be.
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:57 pm
Jiggity says...

Hello, dear friends -

It's been two years since I became a member of this wonderful website and community. It's been a blast, a journey, and an evolution every step of the way - I am filled with immense gratitude and affection for you all. I could not be any near the writer I am today without you all. I went from wanting to study psychology, to earnest wannabe writer, after the first few posts of my tentative attempts - it was life changing to be sure. The reception I received for my stories made me feel in a way I simply havent experienced before and convinced me to change, and to aim for the best writing course in the country, at UTS, where I study now.

Having said that, I owe enormous thanks to Snoink for being a harsh b**ch, lol. Her now legendary destruction of one of my first stories very nearly scared me off, never to return. And yet, without it, I wouldn't have been pushed to become better, and ever since, I have learned to love and appreciate critiques of every kind. Thanks, Snoinkus.

To DQ - the longest of YWS friendships, I have with you mate - your a decent bloke, its been a pleasure knowing you. Here's to our next meet up in the Poker tables on Facebook :P

To Poor Imp - You are simply amazing, m'dear. Ridiculously so, in fact. I dont know you terribly well, beyond the user, but what I do know is inspiring. Your work ethic, the constant help and ceaseless encouragement - the Fool's Duel - I'm at a loss for words, but I thank you sincerely.

To DD - for consistently making me feel as if I have talent, :wink: I appreciate your gracious words more then you know, your a great writer, and a wonderful person. Here's to getting to know you better.

To Brad - for some disturbing and down right random late night conversations in the Chat room, your intelligence is intimidating and awe inspiring (not that you need another boost to your ego lol). Beyond this, your a fantastic poet and a good writer.

To Hunter, and Grif, and all the other storyboarders - I apologise for not being there this year, university kills me, but I hope to have more time next year for y'all. Keep up the endless ingenuity and wonderful creativity.

To Jack - your absence of late is disturbing, come back and I will too, lol. Your an awesome writer, and one of the only other Gemmel fans here so I'm lonely without you mate!

To CL, Dusky, Dettie (I refuse to call you anything else!), Arieda, Sureal and others - your great writing keeps me going, its always a pleasure to read your more developed stories and writing styles. Keep it up.

To Bubblygoatirificus - your awesome! Goddess of the two-minute chat, before your logged out, then in and again, and so on and so forth for ever and ever. I adore you :D

To Dan ad Bob - thanks for the great debates.

To PenguinAttack - thanks for taking my advice and joining this site, and whats more, genuinely making yourself a presence here. Well done.

Lastly, to Nate - thank you so much for this wonderful website, this inspirational group of people, writers and friends, wouldnt be connected with you. Cheers.

Much love, to everyone
Sincerely,
Jiggy.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:37 am
bubblewrapped says...

How does one begin?

I've been here for just over three years now, and I've seen so many people come and go, had so much fun...learned so much...it's really impossible to sum it all up in just one post, so I guess I'll have to stick to the really important things.

To everyone - thank you, so much. For everything. Before I joined here, I was shy, friendless, incapable of dealing with criticism and, let's face it, not a very good writer. I'm still not a very good writer, but I'm much better than I was, and more than that, I have somewhere where I feel able to express myself and have a much better attitude to being corrected than I once did. And I think y'all are to [s]blame[/s] thank for it ;)

To Nate - again, thank you. YWS is a fantastic site and without you it wouldn't exist :D Plus, you've been really helpful throughout my stay here and you made me a jr. mod! Which was totally unexpected and a huge honour. You rock, dude ;)

To Jiggy - because how could I fail to mention you? Your stories are awesome, even if we don't always see eye to eye over them, and I love chatting with you, even if it is only for two minutes at a time ;)

To Mat, of course - one of the few people I actually talk to on MSN XD I have you to thank for reaching 50k on my NaNo, because you drove me nuts by being 2k ahead of me all the time. So thank you ;) And thanks for all the laughs!

To PenguinAttack - *hem hem* Because you're crazy, and you have an endless supply of lollipops, and because the squirrels would eat me if I didn't ;)

To Brad - Like Jig said, those disturbing conversations in the chat, which simultaneously shocked, entertained and enlightened me; your brilliant (if blunt) critiques; your poetry (of which I will forever be in awe); your intelligence (ditto); and...yeah. Can I just say everything? I feel honoured to have 'met' you :)

To Mesh and Areida - some of my first online friends :D 'Reida, your writing has improved so much, and Mesh, it's been fun co-modding the Book Club with you (even if it's run down a little of late). You guys are awesome.

To Mattster, Lindsaroo, Rickage, Squallz, Aet, nuttychooky, Loose Goose, Lauren Malfoy, lost_my_mind, little.angelfire, Jabber and all my other chatroom friends - My nachos on crack people! Slightly mental, funny-tasting, but always entertaining ;) I love you all, you keep me sane...sort of.

To twit - thank you for commenting on my insane ramblings so often :D It's always a pleasure to talk to you!

To Wiggy - because you are quite honestly one of the sweetest and most selfless people I have ever known. You're a friend to everyone, and your wonderful attitude to life continues to amaze me.

To Vernon - because you're awesome, and your committment to Elizabeth is legendary ;) I wish you guys the best of luck and happiness.

To Elelel - because you, too, are awesome, and you never fail to make me laugh XD

To Skell - my soon-to-be-fellow NZer! An excellent writer and flatterer LOL. Always fun to chat to!

And...oh my goodness. So many people who have made my experience on YWS special! Including, but not limited to:

Writer_Chick_13
Riedawriter13
author13
Write Me (Via)
Dono
Suzanne
Fand
Snoink
Firestarter
Adam_Atlantian
Reakeda
Insomniac
B3 (bigbadbear)
Cade
Fand
Poor Imp
Dream Deep
Lancrist
Trident
Saint Razorblade
Jennafina
DQ
Black Cat Sachiko
Meep

You're all wonderful, but I was afraid that if I wrote an individual note to everyone my post would go on forever ;)

To all those other people that I'm forgetting, and will add as soon as I remember their names - sorry, I'm something of an amnesiac, so feel free to poke me with a stick next time you see me. But I love y'all too XD

And a special shout-out to Rena_Luvs_All, for your maturity in accepting criticism and your willingness to stand up for your work and yourself. I'm impressed, and I'm sure you'll go far :)

Oh yes! And F.R.E.D, my robot friend! Where would the chat be without you?

Hugs and cookies to all,
~bubbles
Last edited by bubblewrapped on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:55 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Okay. I told myself I should start this in a Word Document so that I wouldn't lose it. Seeing as I no longer have word on this computer, I have chosen Wordpad (sneakily designed to appear as though it is a Word doc.) This may be long, this may even be arduous, but nevertheless; always remember you can skip to wherever you see your name, that is - if I've remembered you. :p

For... not even half a year I've been stationed in this little plot called YWS. And I must say, it's turning out to be one darn fi-ine narrative. (Yes - there is almost no doubt that these terrible puns will continue.)

To the amazing Nate I extend my eternal gratitude. This site is amazing, and not just for the people in it. You work hard to make it good, and I appreciate that beyond all else.

To Jiggity; I thank you most heartily for telling me about YWS and influencing me to join. It's the best thing you could have ever done to make me indebted to you for life. ^^

*breathes deep* This is in no particular order (after my initial ones, coz we all know we love those guys - Nate created YWS, and Jig introduced me to you all - obviously legends) as I love all of you so much. Is like my love for chocolate - that aint never gerna end, yo!

Bubblewrapped! ... My darling Dolores *hands a cough lolly and lollipop* you make all chats so eventful. Those darn squirrels have my back aye. ^^

Mattster - Mattini! Hehehehhe. Endless jokes and pointless chats, you're one of the first chat buddies I made, despite our beginning hiccough (which we both seem to admit to starting o.O). And the ever current... "Moo. I'm a pig." ... *giggles*

Squallz - My dear Sir Andy - ever a delight to chat to, and a dear protector when needed ne? Hehe, I can see you going far, keep up the good work. ^^

Insomnia - Hehehe Matty, you're a giggle and a half aye. Always fun and quite optimistic, no matter those little lies you like to spread about being otherwise. Love chatting to you dear. Stay alive in the war of fiction my little trooper.

Loose – Sugar! I love you to bits and pieces my dear, and I am so glad I was there to ring in the new year with you. ^^

Lindsaroo - Eee Samwise! My love. You're fab - you know that. for you are the Sam to my Frodo, always.

Reakeda - Rea, hun, you're a legend and a half. From giggling about our pending trip to everywhere, to talking seriously - or seriously enough - on those issues close to us, you're a surprisingly similar thinker. We shall rule the world at some point... I know it!

*takes another deep breath* Do you realise how many of you I adore? No doubt the suspense is killing you... It's killing me, but mainly coz this is gerna be real long kiddies.

Misty - My first YWS friend, a fantastic critter, I am sad that I see you little nowadays. Lovely girl who didn't think I was terrible. ^^

Mesh - Cornelius says hi, from the depths of my bed. ^^ You're a hilarious girl, I must say, and wonderful to talk to, I hope there will be more to come. ^^

Aet - Duckie! You are one odd being; dear, and I love you for it. Constantly entertaining in chat, and msn, I don't know how you keep up with all of your little projects. ^^ Keep it up though - I love hearing of them.

Kit - Aiya woman, you make me laugh, hardcore. Such humour, such absolute wit - I cannot but adore you all the more. Especially considering the amazing ability you have to floor me with your diction, or eloquence, or even content. You are forever the Goddess Wordsmith – I *will* get agreement on it. ^^

Snoink – Curves! Where would I be without my tutor? ;) Good luck with FREAK my love.

The Sexy Council - for you must be mentioned, and indeed, as must the chat couch. Or any couch you sit on really. ^^ I bow to teh smexy for it holds all the love I could possibly dole out. (and as such shall continue below with my love for you)

Crysi: Eowyn – Poprocket now! - You make me laugh, and possibly (when I just laugh that much) cry. I have much love for you, dear council woman. And while I fear your bite (not the good one of course - *that* I look forward to ) I cannot but continue my refusal to belong in your council. We really must organise that "get together" it shall be ever-so-informative, you saucy wench.

Hunter: Strider - My dear, councilman. The conversations with you always the most enjoyable, it is a wonder at how long they go, even though you *should* sleep more. ^^ And of course, your being one third of the Sexy Council just helps matters, that couch could fit no one, were you not there with us.

DarkLight – Charrrrlie *huggles* so adorable.

Black Cat Sachiko - Imouto-caaaan! Lubs yooohhhh~ ^^ *glomps*

And now to Kitty15 - my love - Sabertooth Shopa! Your continual support and lovely comments on my ever angsty blog are beyond touching. You're such a lovely, helpful girl; I only hope I can return the favour many many more times. - not that I want you to be angsty... Unless I was some sort of crazy... Which I am, just not that sort... I lubs yooh. ^^

Now, as I believe this is getting awful long, I begin to conclude.

To *all* of those I speak to on the chat. Whether frequently or not... You're all gems. You make me laugh, frown and even - on occasion - growl in frustration. What can such emotions be but love for all of you - silly, silly, adorable kids. With those, and all others, I name you - my lovelies - now (as best as I remember...and in nicknames):

Athena, Fan, Tom, Err, Rick, Lib, Mark, hiv, Click, Kath, Saint, Suz, Angel, Mer, Fire, Fye, Lauren, Esme, Lee, Princess Elizabeth, LizzyG, Vern, Shot, Nut, Twitter, Star, Toes, Monki, Shade, Incan, Gol, Derek, Chruch, Phoebe, Alainna, Rieda, kyte, GG, Pro, Night, Kito. Heavens there are a lot of you! If you'd all stop moving and maybe get in the chat so I can count you off - this would be *much* easier!

To everyone who ever crit a piece of my work. I adore you for your attentions and efforts - even if you hated it. Every crit has helped me in some way. To better my writing, and to make sure I don't *completely* believe I'm terrible. You're all part of my growth... My icky, gooey, growth.

All those people I forgot or haven’t gotten to yet - just pm me an angry rant (which I shall promptly ignore) and I will no doubt remember to forget you again. You cheeky devils you.

I came here as a silly girl with notions of writing a little, critting a little, and moving on. I'm staying here as a silly *silly* girl who loves to write heaps (no matter how bad), crit some more (also regardless of how good it is) and never, ever, moving on. If I can - that is. ^^

*Hearts* and all the love and lollipops I own; Le Penguin.
Last edited by PenguinAttack on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:23 pm
MadHatter says...

Hey, just a shout out to Alice, Bella, Gwen, and Ayra

Ketchup is always greener on the other side!
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 pm
Leja says...

Hmm, let me start one of these before I forget...

I have now been at YWS for almost nine months. Long time, phwoo! How it flies. And I've met some mad cool (or any combination of those words :P) people, and my writing might even be improving? Or at least that's the delusion I've tricked myself into believing. Can it be? *gasp* ^_^

Dreamy: our Slav-tastic battle of epic proportions in the chess forum was quite possibly the coolest thing ever ^_^ (And of course I'll keep reminding you about Chair)

Sumi: So oftw. We need to finish the monkey/dragon s!Dragon!tory for next year. Sans-peasants, I promise!

Suz: You are quite possibly the coolest, friendliest person ever. Rock on! (And I will continue to poke you about AE. Of course ^_^)

Jennafina: One of the first people I met on here! Thanks for making this place so welcoming ^_^

Hunter: :salutes:

Shriek: I'm glad we can always agree to disagree!

Nate: You do so much for this site, I don't know if I know how properly say thank you.

Areida: You're super-uber-cool and I hope to get to know you better!

whence: you never cease to amuse me.

Crysi: I was super-scared of you at first, but now it's always nice talking to you!

Snoink: So much to say about Snoink that I don't even know where to start.

Big Brother: I'm glad you're around.

CCF: Is it bad that I like provoking you all? :P

Saint Razorblade: Arr! Well, what else was I supposed to say to the YWS pirate?

Incand: You're always so helpful! Rock on, Incand.

Cade: I love reading your reviews. Period. ^_^

Everyone here is awesome. Here's to shredding and being shredded, to complaining and celebrating, to late night/early morning chats (in conjunction with a random conglomeration of time zones) about nothing at all, and to a wonderfully thought-provoking year.

Here's to you, YWS.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:31 pm
Via says...

Dear YWS,

I always hated doing yearbooks in high school, never knew quite what to say. That is no different here, so forgive me if my words are far and few between.

I have been here for over a year now and have had some exciting times. From coming in as a newbie and getting overly confused by all the buttons ;] to making history as the first YWS JM to walk to earth, to being published in the YWLJ, and making some great friends. Before I came here, I never talked about my writing to anyone--not family, not friends, not teachers...no one. But now I have an entire society of people to talk about writing with! My writing has grown and flourished over the past year in ways I cannot describe, and I have you all to thank for it.

Some of my friends think I'm crazy when I talk with so much passion for writing, quite literally they will say to me, "Geeze you crazy English major," but it's nice to know you all are just as crazy as I. You have saved me in ways you can't begin in know, YWS.

Just a quick shout to a few people I've grown to know and love: Suz, bubblicious, Cal, Colleen, Bek, Nate, Dono, Brad, Heather, Ari, Raz, PA, Adam, Grif, Melj, Karina, twitty, Fand, Trident, Jenna, and all you other wonderful people I am terribly sorry for forgetting!!

And this concludes the longest yearbook entry I've ever made!

Love always,
Via
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde