z

Young Writers Society

Microsoft Word

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 pm
Harley says...

Well, Jack (Firestarter) and I were talking and we started having a fun rant about Microsoft Word, and what we love and hate about it, so we decided to post a topic so we can all have a fun time going on about it. This is the Young Writer's Society after all, and i know a lot of us use it.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:28 pm
Nai says...

::eyes narrow::

I hate Microsoft Word.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:32 pm
Firestarter says...

I hate it but I use it, like so many other Microsoft products. I'm too lazy to find anything else.

It's simple and it's easy to use, and I've used it most of my life, so I can't be bothered changing. I love the autocorrect and other silly features that make it cool. But then there's the things I hate.

I mean, when tha stupid little green grammar line comes up, and tells you a senteces is a fragment, I'm always like, "Well maybe I want it to be a flipping fragment!" And you tell it to ignore it, but it keeps coming back forever. And argh. It's just annoying. So many other things besides. But that's Microsoft. I love it and hate it at the same time.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Um... it's functional. It has align left, align right, and align center. It has bold, italic and underline. Pray tell, what else does it need?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Harley says...

There's this little box at the bottom and when you are typing it shows a little pencil, and when you stop it has a green tick on it if you have no spelling or grammar mistakes, and a big ol' red cross if you do. Gawd, I hate that cross... It's always made me go back and change it; even if what i've typed is right, like it has some hold on me... if i'm on a one-armed couch in ten years time in the foetal position rocking back and forth it's the cross's fault.
Last edited by Harley on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:38 pm
Emma says...

Wait... is there a better one?

Instead of the Word thing? I hate it, there is not enough fonts... How do you get more fonts?!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:38 pm
niteowl says...

It's worked for me fine pretty much my whole life, although I used Works until the 5th grade, but they're practically the same thing.

Thank you Firestarter. You pretty much summed up my spellcheck rant. I hate that paperclip. I want to beat it up so bad. I want to change it to make something funner, but you need a special disk that I have no clue where it is. Do you know how annoying it is when it highlights my last name? I feel so stupid; I just figured out how to add stuff to the dictionary. But today is a day for feeling stupid.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Firestarter says...

I think you can download more fonts off the Microsoft Website.

Oh, and Niteowl, you just found out you can add words? Slooow :P

Oh, and Dusk, you know that Wordpad has exactly those same features. Just use that instead of Word if you want then.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:43 pm
Nai says...

niteowl wrote:I hate that paperclip. I want to beat it up so bad. I want to change it to make something funner, but you need a special disk that I have no clue where it is. Do you know how annoying it is when it highlights my last name? I feel so stupid; I just figured out how to add stuff to the dictionary. But today is a day for feeling stupid.

lmao

Well, the reason I hate Microsoft Word is because I CAN'T USE IT. When we got our new computer it came with Microsoft Word but it was a 60-day trial (oooo I hate that word). And by the time we got a disc for a normal copy of Microsoft Word, our computer was so f*cked up, we couldn't upload it onto the computer becase the computer wouldn't run the damn disc.

That's my rant.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:47 pm
Harley says...

Nite, the disk is Microsoft Works Suite. That's what I used anyway. I like the Mother Nature ne but i was a little stresed that day so i needed it to calm me... :roll:

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:51 pm
Bobo says...

Word is at least better than Works. At least most of the time. If you want more fonts, do a search. My favorites come from http://www.blambot.com It's a comic text web site, but I find their fonts useful for just about anything. Huzzah!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:09 pm
Sam says...

I have the Mac OSX version.

Finally, I just turned off the spelling/grammar check because (har dee har har) I never spell anything wrong, and my grammar "errors" are intentional. I would use appleworks, but we all know how...ehm...stinky that is.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 pm
Elizabeth says...

I like it when it works... other times I just hate it. there was.... a better typw of it... I know... i liked that way more than the one I have now... which is BLAND.... and there are less fonts int eh odler one than the new one.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:36 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

It is definately better than works, I decided I wouold try and get along with works...haha

But I agree with you jack about the stupid green lines and the red lines. Especially when you have to do like a german essay and you're too lazy to change the language lol

Random avatar

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:36 pm
Harley says...

i soooooo know what you mean, mouse!! word is too technical for me, but wordpad doesn't have my fonts!! i love the andy one, and papyrus, ooh and chiller...there's loads more but i can't remember the names.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot