z

Young Writers Society

A question for ALL people who are in ninth grade +

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:56 am
nickelpickle says...

Okay...I am getting ready to go into my first year of highschool and it's choice time. I am already taking Gifted Earth/Space Science, Algebra II Honors and English I Honors. I have chosen one elective, Spanish II. I now need to choose three more courses. I have narrowed it down to quite a few out of one hundred fifty or so and wanted some opinions.

Computer Programming
Computer Graphics
Creative Writing I/II
Journalism (Is an English academic elective credit)
Debate I Honors (Is an English academic elective credit)
Marketing Essentials
Computer I/ Health I (Required for graduation)
Drafting/Illustrative Design (Architecture)
Food Fitness/ Principles of Food Preperation
Interior Design

I appreciate the help everyone!
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:45 am
niteowl says...

I would suggest getting the computer and health over with now. Here, it's recommended that you take health and PE in 9th grade, but a lot of people I know are putting it off until their senior year. Well I think that's dumb because in your senior year, you have more choices than ever before since you're done with the 3 years of social studies, math, and science that are required, so you only have to take an English elective(although most people take a fourth year of these subjects). So you have all these cool courses that are suddently available to you and that you've always wanted to do...but you can't do some of them because you have to take gym and health. I was actually talking to this one girl in my gym class who is a senior, and she says she wishes she had taken it in 9th grade. So definitely take Computer/Health.

As for the others, I guess it's more up to you and what you want to do. If you have some vague idea what sort of career you're interested in (unlike me), take something that would help you get forward in that career, since you're lucky enough to have so many spaces. If you're nat that great at drawing (and I can't recall ever seeing your artwork so I don't have much to say on that) don't go for Interior Design or the Architecture one. If you hate straight lines, same goes there. Creative Writing sounds like fun.

You are so lucky. You don't have to take a social studies course, and I couldn't have half of those options as a 9th grader. In fact, I won't be able to take most of those courses until my junior year.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:17 am
little x soldier says...

Is it a-kay if my sis give you some of her opinion?
If so look further, if not.., I'm sorry> I'm not in the 9th grade

Computer Graphics
Journalism (Is an English academic elective credit)
Interior Design

If you wonder why I maybe can I ask her for the answers..
Hard Choices, Make Decisions. All the best & true wishes!
Remember, Choices are nothing without goals. Take choices you need to reach out for your goals. Those are the choices that are true. :wink:

hugs xxx Xia xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:49 pm
nickelpickle says...

Thank you, thank you. Could you ask for reaspms??
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:35 pm
Lauren1 says...

Well r u on TYWC as well as the young writers society because if you are i would say creative writing!!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:27 am
little x soldier says...

Do you already know what you want to be?

hugs xxx Xia xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford